Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To anyone that has sucessfully transferred...  (Read 1838 times)

highhopes967

• View Profile
To anyone that has sucessfully transferred...
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »
Did you submit your second semester senior year grades to the lsac/lsdas.

I am planning on sending out some transfer applications, is this necessary to do.

Anyone who did or didn't please write yes or no, clarity on this issue would be greatly appreciated. :) :) :)

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: To anyone that has sucessfully transferred...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:42:03 PM »
Hey!! Welcome to the Transferring part of the forum! 

I am also planning on applying and my answer to you is an emphatic NO! Don't worry about sending your last semester ugrad grades!  If the school wants them, they'll ask for them!  By FAR the most important thing is your 1L GRADES!

In support of my above advice, I give the following points:
1) You're IN law school as we speak, thus you received a degree from an ugrad institution
2) Whatever your ugrad GPA was, it was only good enough (along with your LSAT) to place you in your current school
3) Therefore, no need to send in your senior year 2nd semester grades because they don't show ANYTHING USEFUL and are thus unnecessary!!

Come back and post more often!! Ask questions and also answer other people's if you can!!

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:13:20 AM »
I dunno what the reasoning behind Dongo's logic is, but I would be weary. You should call or e-mail the schools you are applying to and ask. If I remember right, you may not have to because many schools ask for official transcripts from all the schools you've attended...so they will get the info anyway.

Like I said when you asked this question the first time: contact the schools...it's not that hard.

NYC3L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 10:22:35 PM »
Did you submit your second semester senior year grades to the lsac/lsdas.

I am planning on sending out some transfer applications, is this necessary to do.

Anyone who did or didn't please write yes or no, clarity on this issue would be greatly appreciated. :) :) :)

Yes, I had to re-request my old college transcript since I applied straight through with only my fall grades. I had to send it to both LSAC as well as my transfer school.

Anyways, just do it. It shouldn't take long at all, and it won't really affect the outcome -- schools don't look at much else than 1L grades, and certainly not your undergrad grades.

lrb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »
I had the same experience - my application was held until my ugrad school sent in a transcript. I think most schools want the full picture, especially if your LSAT was poor.

highhopes967

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:17:59 AM »
Yeah... Just to answer my own question, the schools I called said they would need the complete grades. They explained that it is more of a formality, but they need them. They were helpful in that if I didn't want to wait for the transcript to go to the LSAC and then to the school, I could just send my undergrad completed transcripts straight to them, which was great, the less middle men the better.

beaverfuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 10:40:20 PM »
I went complete at GULC without sending an updated transcript to LSDAS , for what it's worth.