Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers wait list  (Read 2975 times)

cherpin

• View Profile
Rutgers wait list
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »
I was wait listed at Rutgers-Camden, the main school I wanted to go to.  They said they might not be able to know until late-August (10 days before classes start) whether or not a seat opens up.  I'm planning on staying on and waiting, but sending in my deposit and making preparations for attending school somewhere else in the Fall.  If I get in, i'll be there in a second. Does anyone know what being on the wait-list is like? If seats are likely to open up?  Any experiences with Rutgers personally?

Any info would be great, thanks..

swc5018

• View Profile
Re: Rutgers wait list
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:56:31 AM »
I'm in the exact same situation with Temple. Every school is different, so it couldn't hurt to ask someone at Rutgers exactly how their wait list works. Otherwise keep your fingers crossed and be prepared to lose out a a few hundred bucks from your deposit somewhere else.

cherpin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »
I'm in the exact same situation with Temple. Every school is different, so it couldn't hurt to ask someone at Rutgers exactly how their wait list works. Otherwise keep your fingers crossed and be prepared to lose out a a few hundred bucks from your deposit somewhere else.

it totally sucks. How long are they keeping you waiting?  Are there any suggestions to further yourself in the process of getting your name off the wait list? 

I remember I wanted to go to temple bad this year, and then changed my mind--good luck, its a great school

swc5018

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »
Pretty much all the letter said was that a seat could open up between now and the start of the semester, and that I should write them another statement discussing my desire to go to Temple. The final decision whether or not to admit me will be made based "in part on my expressed interest in Temple, and in part on the availability of seats." So maybe all we need to do is convince Rutgers and Temple how much we really really want to go and they'll let us in. Good luck to you too.

dagreat1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
I was waitlisted at temple too, and ultimately decided to go to Rutgers. good luck everyone. my advise would be to stay on top of the admissions people. write whatever essay they require, and call them semi-frequently, make sure they understand just how badly you want to attend. The people at rutgers admission have been amazingly friendly to me.
Rutgers Camden. 2012

cherpin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
Pretty much all the letter said was that a seat could open up between now and the start of the semester, and that I should write them another statement discussing my desire to go to Temple. The final decision whether or not to admit me will be made based "in part on my expressed interest in Temple, and in part on the availability of seats." So maybe all we need to do is convince Rutgers and Temple how much we really really want to go and they'll let us in. Good luck to you too.

haha yeah...this is rough but we'll deal