Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do you think FAMU will receive full accreditation?  (Read 3274 times)

misbuble

• View Profile
Re: Do you think FAMU will receive full accreditation?
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »
lol, MVPB means Mich, Va, Penn, Berkely(Boalt)...I wouldn't be suprised if an fsu law student hasn't heard of those schools however

We have at least one guy from all of those just in my section. You're a dime a dozen at this level. Expect no one to care when (if) you finally make it to law school.

I figured maximum velocity paintball.

What level? Tier 2? What's that like the unemployment level?

That makes no sense anyhow. I meant for Law school not UG. Hence the "(Boalt)" next to Berkely.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:07:47 PM »
I read somewhere that no school that was provisionally accredited didn't gain full accreditation at some point.

Doesn't mean they kept it though.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 07:12:44 PM »
lol, MVPB means Mich, Va, Penn, Berkely(Boalt)...I wouldn't be suprised if an fsu law student hasn't heard of those schools however

We have at least one guy from all of those just in my section. You're a dime a dozen at this level. Expect no one to care when (if) you finally make it to law school.

I figured maximum velocity paintball.

What level? Tier 2? What's that like the unemployment level?

That makes no sense anyhow. I meant for Law school not UG. Hence the "(Boalt)" next to Berkely.

You don't rep your school very well, it seems you don't undersand things very well.

Because of the assumption you made in your previous post, a jab and a miss, I consider you burned.

Employment stats from here are fine and dandy, and with very little in the way of debt. I see your ability to use Google only takes you to Bill's Bookstore.

The law school level. Something you still know nothing about. And to that point, how can you be talking about where you go to school in the context of a law school? You're a 0L. You don't go anywhere.

And no, I don't "undersand" things very well, whatever that is.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

LULAW1982

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 02:22:51 AM »
To correct an earlier poster, Liberty has not received full accreditation yet b/c not enough time has expired.

BTW, the only school with a higher bar passage rate was UVA. 

misbuble

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »
To correct an earlier poster, Liberty has not received full accreditation yet b/c not enough time has expired.

BTW, the only school with a higher bar passage rate was UVA. 
\

what?

dominicoo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 07:25:54 PM »
where is FAMU?

flyorlando

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »
FAMU has had difficulty in the past but it seems the new dean is on track.  The law school has turned around significantly from what I am hearing from my friends who have graduated and from what I have read.  Also, I was told the dean has worked with the ABA staff in the past and knows what it takes to get a school accredited (read between the lines here).  I also read that FAMU will hear their fate in December of 2009; half way through 1L; for me.  I'm starting in the Fall of 09.

Now, even if FAMU doesn't get accredited, enrolled students will be allowed to sit for the Florida Bar Exam.  Florida Bar rules state that those who are enrolled in a law school at the time the school is accredited or has provisional accreditation, and that school loses accreditation, currently enrolled students will be able to sit for the Florida Bar (grandfathered in).  Now, the question of course is whether or not FAMU will keep its doors open or if the curriculum will prepare you for the FL Bar Exam.

As far as the ABA crew visiting FAMU. It happened about two weeks ago and I am told they liked what they saw.  Actually, they couldn't beleive the amount of success in turning the deficient areas around.  As stated earlier, the ABA meets in December of 2009.

Good luck...

Fly

peeps

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 04:50:16 PM »
FAMU will not receive full accreditation after today's disaster in the February 2009 bar results.  FAMU results were last in the state, 52.3%, the lowest in the history of the school,  20% lower than the average of all state schools and 17% lower than non-Florida schools.  It fails to meet the ABA standard 301-6 of 75% for its first time takers and 15% within the average of all schools in the state.  Also, the scores of the repeat bar takers are so horrible that you would faint.  The repeat takers, according to 301-6, must also be in the 75% range and we are looking at approximately 40%-45% below that average.  That is unacceptable.  Looks like its destination nonaccreditation.  I would advise all students to transfer as quickly as possible before this hits the fan.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
FAMU has had difficulty in the past but it seems the new dean is on track.  The law school has turned around significantly from what I am hearing from my friends who have graduated and from what I have read.  Also, I was told the dean has worked with the ABA staff in the past and knows what it takes to get a school accredited (read between the lines here).  I also read that FAMU will hear their fate in December of 2009; half way through 1L; for me.  I'm starting in the Fall of 09.

Now, even if FAMU doesn't get accredited, enrolled students will be allowed to sit for the Florida Bar Exam.  Florida Bar rules state that those who are enrolled in a law school at the time the school is accredited or has provisional accreditation, and that school loses accreditation, currently enrolled students will be able to sit for the Florida Bar (grandfathered in).  Now, the question of course is whether or not FAMU will keep its doors open or if the curriculum will prepare you for the FL Bar Exam.

As far as the ABA crew visiting FAMU. It happened about two weeks ago and I am told they liked what they saw.  Actually, they couldn't beleive the amount of success in turning the deficient areas around.  As stated earlier, the ABA meets in December of 2009.

Good luck...

Fly

You seem to know how to spell and write legible sentences.  Why are you attending FAMU? 

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
FAMU will not receive full accreditation after today's disaster in the February 2009 bar results.  FAMU results were last in the state, 52.3%, the lowest in the history of the school,  20% lower than the average of all state schools and 17% lower than non-Florida schools.  It fails to meet the ABA standard 301-6 of 75% for its first time takers and 15% within the average of all schools in the state.  Also, the scores of the repeat bar takers are so horrible that you would faint.  The repeat takers, according to 301-6, must also be in the 75% range and we are looking at approximately 40%-45% below that average.  That is unacceptable.  Looks like its destination nonaccreditation.  I would advise all students to transfer as quickly as possible before this hits the fan.

Its passing rate is very similar to Texas Southern and North Carolina Central.