Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Get Paid $2 For Every Case Brief You Send Us  (Read 2951 times)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Get Paid $2 For Every Case Brief You Send Us
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
  • I think $2-3 per case brief is fair.  I don't know of anyone else offering more...
  • I know there are law students out there with a few hundred meticulous case briefs just sitting on their laptop.  If they knew they could get $500+ for these, they would.
  • OP needs to explain the IP policy and tell prospective submitters what you intend to do with the briefs.
  • More specific, OP needs to write, "If you submit a brief that is not selected, the submitter retains ALL rights in the writing.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
Reserving the right to reject for any reason you want means you can basically boot a brief for a spelling mistake, copy the brief yourself (as it isn't copyrighted) and then post it on your site without ever paying.

Go away dude.  In case you didn't notice, nobody trusts you, nor wants to be bothered with your jive.

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »
Dude,
  Actually, if I recall, works that are written but not published are automatically issued copyright...That being said, the trouble is defending it, as there's nowhere to point for the proof.
Mercer University School of Law '12

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »
Dude,
  Actually, if I recall, works that are written but not published are automatically issued copyright...That being said, the trouble is defending it, as there's nowhere to point for the proof.

Exactly.  One could potentially mail themselves a copy of the material and the postage serves as proof of creation.

However, what law student is going to go to court to begin with over a $2 case brief?  I imagine this is something this feminine hygiene product is counting on.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
DudeBoy,

I noticed you've posted over 800 times on this discussion board. I bet that must have taken a while. Time flies though when you're living in your mom's basement, am I right?

I've posted 800 times in several years.  Some folks on here have posted triple that in half the time..... It's not even a post per day. 

I am amused though.  The nastyness finally comes out haha. Are you mad that your bogus business plan has been ruined?  It's funny, because if you had half of my job opportunities you wouldn't be trying to start some crap business via an on-line discussion board.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »
Buddy, if you actually READ my posts you would see I have a great job as is and I'm lined up for Biglaw.  I'm a non-trad, not some 22 year old.

Regardless, you are the one getting all personal with the attacks.  I'm simply poking holes in your business model.  There are a lot of trolls on here and until you prove you aren't one (which very well may be possible), people should be cautious.  

Every issue stated with your site is a valid point.  If you don't want to respond to the issues, don't expect people to take you seriously.

Also, if it's a free site, why bother?  Lexus and Westlaw already have free case briefs and there are multiple books out there with canned outlines, etc.... I assume eventually you hope to make money off of this effort.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »
"I think I can do it better than Westlaw and Lexis."

Are you kidding?  Seriously....

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 06:25:31 PM »
Quimbee,
   I was considering submitting a few briefs to see if this was indeed a scam, because I rather needed some money.  However, based on how you're treating other posters, I'm afraid that I can't in good conscience submit anything.  If this is how you are wiling to portray yourself publicly, I can only imagine how you treat your quasi-employees.
Mercer University School of Law '12

externalaw

• Boo
    • View Profile
    • For the  Law student
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 01:12:46 AM »
Over at www.externalaw.com we have a file sharing section, almost empty... We will offer $0 per case brief.. but hey, you will be helping fellow students!

I frequent the following law student support forum
www.externalaw.com

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 08:28:59 AM »
Yup, 900+ posts in 3 years.  That's what?  Under a post per day.... You are probably at 2 posts per day....

Good luck with that business plan to take on Lexus and Westlaw.  I'd be bitter to if I had a TTT JD and couldn't get a job.  I hear Walmart is hiring, though.