Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PREPPING FOR 1L -- HELP  (Read 9779 times)

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PREPPING FOR 1L -- HELP
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »
tag

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »
This is what I learned from my short time on this site:

Everyone has their opinion, and they mostly conflict. Do what works for you. There are so many books out there - look for some of the books that people suggested on amazon.com, read a few pages, and see if you're interested.

Personally, I'm following PLS to a T, and I don't really care what anyone thinks. I'm not going to suggest you do the same, because you're not me.

:D

We'll see how long that lasts.

Law school is not THAT hard.  Trust me.  Most of it is knowing some basic law and applying it to a fact pattern, with a slight twist.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »

Yeah, reading the restatements the summer before law school (as PLS II recommends) would not be fun!

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »
This is what I learned from my short time on this site:

Everyone has their opinion, and they mostly conflict. Do what works for you. There are so many books out there - look for some of the books that people suggested on amazon.com, read a few pages, and see if you're interested.

Personally, I'm following PLS to a T, and I don't really care what anyone thinks. I'm not going to suggest you do the same, because you're not me.

:D

Law school is not THAT hard.  Trust me.  Most of it is knowing some basic law and applying it to a fact pattern, with a slight twist.

I'll let you know ;)
UB Law 2012

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
Like hell I'll be interested.  Nobody cares about your grades but you, and even sometimes you don't care because you realize you prob won't have the grades to clerk and firms don't care about this *&^% once you're in the door.

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 11:50:02 PM »
Like hell I'll be interested.  Nobody cares about your grades but you, and even sometimes you don't care because you realize you prob won't have the grades to clerk and firms don't care about this *&^% once you're in the door.

Wow. Where did that come from? I sense a little bitterness.
UB Law 2012

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 11:55:18 PM »
Like hell I'll be interested.  Nobody cares about your grades but you, and even sometimes you don't care because you realize you prob won't have the grades to clerk and firms don't care about this poo once you're in the door.

Oh, no doubt.  I'm a bitter old man.  See also, avatar.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 05:38:59 AM »

Don't mind Wally.  You're absolutely right that you've gotta do what works for you.  Blinders up.  Just make it happen however you need to.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »
Like hell I'll be interested.  Nobody cares about your grades but you, and even sometimes you don't care because you realize you prob won't have the grades to clerk and firms don't care about this poo once you're in the door.

Yeah, geez Wally!

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 09:19:46 PM »

Don't mind Wally.  You're absolutely right that you've gotta do what works for you.  Blinders up.  Just make it happen however you need to.
[/quote]

This is the best advice for a 0L on this site.
UB Law 2012