Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: interview a circuit court judge  (Read 1038 times)

asiangirl

• View Profile
    • Email
interview a circuit court judge
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:21:13 PM »
I am going to have an interview with a circuit court judge in 2 weeks .... (2nd circuit)
and had to pay for my flight. phone interview not acceptable.
I would be very disappointed if I dont get it, because of the  money ...

any tips?

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: interview a circuit court judge
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »
1) You don't need to post this in multiple boards. Once is enough.

2) The title of your post should read: "Interview with a Circuit Court Judge." I thought maybe you were a Circuit Court Judge and were offering an opportunity for students to interview you. Then I thought...nah it's just some crazy law student who doesn't pay attention to what she types.

3) If you really want the internship, then go. If not, don't go. As for interview tips, go see your career services office. That's what they are for.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »

2) The title of your post should read: "Interview with a Circuit Court Judge." I thought maybe you were a Circuit Court Judge and were offering an opportunity for students to interview you. Then I thought...nah it's just some crazy law student who doesn't pay attention to what she types.

3) If you really want the internship, then go. If not, don't go. As for interview tips, go see your career services office. That's what they are for.

You're really helpful..
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »

You're really helpful..

What should he do, hold her hand during the interview?

#3 was perfectly good advice.

She asked for "tips"..uhh..do your best in the interview? Get a window seat?
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 02:43:55 PM »

You're really helpful..

What should he do, hold her hand during the interview?

#3 was perfectly good advice.

She asked for "tips"..uhh..do your best in the interview? Get a window seat?

I'm thinking she was soliciting advice for how to present herself or detail her achievements, not advice like, 'get a window seat'.

#3 was good advice, but I just don't understand the unnecessary levels of snark that seem to abound in responses to genuine questions on this board. (see responses #1 & #2)

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:58:19 PM »

I'm thinking she was soliciting advice for how to present herself or detail her achievements, not advice like, 'get a window seat'.

#3 was good advice, but I just don't understand the unnecessary levels of snark that seem to abound in responses to genuine questions on this board. (see responses #1 & #2)

I gotcha, but that's not what she asked. She just said 'any tips'. I'm sure you've noticed from being on this board for so long that people generally respond with thoughtful advice when a thoughtful question has been put forth, not just 'what should I do..'

Like on the Studying board..when people just start a thread without doing any research: "whats this LSAT thing all about? What books should I get?" Those questions are annoying, and show a lack of effort.

I hope we can be friends.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »

I gotcha, but that's not what she asked. She just said 'any tips'. I'm sure you've noticed from being on this board for so long that people generally respond with thoughtful advice when a thoughtful question has been put forth, not just 'what should I do..'

Like on the Studying board..when people just start a thread without doing any research: "whats this LSAT thing all about? What books should I get?" Those questions are annoying, and show a lack of effort.

I hope we can be friends.

I understand the sentiment.  There's no hard feelings on my part!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »
it's okay guys. you should feel free to poo up this thread all you want. she's getting the help she needs in another forum. the benefits of cross posting, right?

Where the hell have you been?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »
fair enough, LSD is all I can handel with the insanity of TLS's crop of newbies this cycle
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

asiangirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 08:06:17 PM »
hey... sorry. I deserve the mockery. how stupid and careless I was to make that mistake in my heading.

I have another interview lined up, also with a 2nd circuit court judge ... I frown on the expensive tickets ... and I cannot possibly ask for refund or cancel either of them (they are too close)

though I am in boston and applied to all of the 1st circuit court judges, I never got an interview from any of those. this is really strange.