Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances at GULC EA?? TIer 1 School...  (Read 773 times)

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Chances at GULC EA?? TIer 1 School...
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »
I've gone to the yahoo group but haven't found it too helpful, honestly.

about top 10%

For GULC EA, are my chances looking good, mediocre, outside shot?

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances at GULC EA?? TIer 1 School...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »
I've gone to the yahoo group but haven't found it too helpful, honestly.

I go to a 40-50 school and have a 3.79 GPA, which is about top 4%

For GULC EA, are my chances looking good, mediocre, outside shot?

I think it depends on your pre-law stats. Although this is just my opinion.

If you had a high UGPA and low LSAT, then they will see that you always work hard and the LSAT was just an anomoly and will let you in.

On the other hand, if you had a high LSAT and low UGPA, then they will think oh this guy's a slacker and just decided to work hard now, let's wait and make sure he can pull it off the whole year and will likely defer you to normal admission.

If you're stats are at the medians for both, then I dunno. If I were you I'd just wait and apply during the summer and apply to the rest of the top 10. Being in the top 4% will likely get you into a much better school than GULC. I'd be shooting for CCN if I were you.

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:19:07 AM »
That's a good response, nudum.

Have other people heard the same about ugrad GPA?  I would think, just as with the LSAT, it's (largely) cast aside and schools focus almost solely on your law school GPA..

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22:59 AM »
That's a good response, nudum.

Have other people heard the same about ugrad GPA?  I would think, just as with the LSAT, it's (largely) cast aside and schools focus almost solely on your law school GPA..

When applying after a full year of law school I would agree. I could be wrong about the GULC EA thing, but I've heard a few people talk about it and it makes sense to me. Who really knows with these admissions peeps though.

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »
You may be right about the EA distinction.  My ugrad GPA is very ambiguous as to what it says about me as a student simply because it's only average.  I hope you're wrong about the deferring/waitlisting, but it's a good point.. 

My LSAT was likewise not entirely indicative of first year (semester so far) performance. 

Who really knows with these admissions peeps though.