Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC Misconduct for Letter of Recommendation  (Read 28485 times)

nola504

• View Profile
Re: LSAC Misconduct for Letter of Recommendation
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 04:22:20 PM »
Its possible that schools could rescind. I would check around lsac or call and see if they have a policy for this sort of thing so you know what you're dealing with.

Thanks. That helps. Hopefully, I will still be admitted.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »
I would imagine it should help you if your professor says he instructed you to write the letter and files an appeal. Good luck
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

nola504

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »
I would imagine it should help you if your professor says he instructed you to write the letter and files an appeal. Good luck

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »
I asked my boss to write a letter of rec and he said he would do it. As time progressed, he never did it and went out of town. He told me to write it and he would sign it.

The deadline was approaching so I wrote it and sent it off without having him review it. LSAC contacted him and he said that he would have wrote it but didnt. Now I am under invsetigation. I already have three acceptance letters but I know that the offers will be rescinded when they hear about this.

My options are to appeal via letter or do nothing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two points:
First, you're an idiot.
Second, I don't want you as member of my profession. Lawyers already have a bad name and we don't need people like you making it worse. Seriously, forging a signature on a letter of recommendation? You should never be allowed to practice law.

TTom

nola504

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:32 PM »
I asked my boss to write a letter of rec and he said he would do it. As time progressed, he never did it and went out of town. He told me to write it and he would sign it.

The deadline was approaching so I wrote it and sent it off without having him review it. LSAC contacted him and he said that he would have wrote it but didnt. Now I am under invsetigation. I already have three acceptance letters but I know that the offers will be rescinded when they hear about this.

Two points:
First, you're an idiot.
Second, I don't want you as member of my profession. Lawyers already have a bad name and we don't need people like you making it worse. Seriously, forging a signature on a letter of recommendation? You should never be allowed to practice law.

TTom

Thanks for the name calling and put downs. If you are not going to offer constructive advice, then why bother? You must have nothing better to do.

If you read the rest of the post, you would maybe have a better understanding of why I did what I did. He allows me to sign his name on almost a daily basis so it didn't seem like a big deal to me. I don't need to defend myself by saying that I am not a bad person.

I made a huge mistake, but I suppose that you are exempt from those. I accepted that what I did was wrong and I am trying to fix it.

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 04:55:52 PM »

Two points:
First, you're an idiot.

TTom

Thanks for the name calling and put downs. If you are not going to offer constructive advice, then why bother? You must have nothing better to do.

If you read the rest of the post, you would maybe have a better understanding of why I did what I did. He allows me to sign his name on almost a daily basis so it didn't seem like a big deal to me. I don't need to defend myself by saying that I am not a bad person.

I made a huge mistake, but I suppose that you are exempt from those. I accepted that what I did was wrong and I am trying to fix it.

I reject your comments.

First, my advice was constructive. Maybe not for you, but for the legal profession.

Second, there is NO justification for what you did. None.

Third, you are a bad person. Bad people fake their own LORs and forge people's name. Yep.

Fourth, I have never, ever, made such a "mistake" in my entire life and I am betting that 99% on this board haven't as well.

Fifth, it wasn't a mistake. You knew what you were doing.

Honestly, if I knew who you were I'd contact the schools that admitted you. Be thankful for that.

nola504

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »

Two points:
First, you're an idiot.

TTom

I reject your comments.

First, my advice was constructive. Maybe not for you, but for the legal profession.

Third, you are a bad person. Bad people fake their own LORs and forge people's name. Yep.

Fourth, I have never, ever, made such a "mistake" in my entire life and I am betting that 99% on this board haven't as well.

Honestly, if I knew who you were I'd contact the schools that admitted you. Be thankful for that.

Thanks again for all of your helpful comments! You dont have to contact the schools because LSAC already has. Have a great evening.

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »

Two points:
First, you're an idiot.

TTom

I reject your comments.

Thanks again for all of your helpful comments! You dont have to contact the schools because LSAC already has. Have a great evening.

That makes my day!

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
Honestly, OP. I don't know what exactly you're expecting. Quite frankly, even if you miraculously make it into a law school, you're going to have quite a lot of trouble with the character and fitness portion of the bar.

It would have been one thing if you signed a letter he wrote, just in order to get it out. I could buy that as a "mistake." You WROTE yourself a letter of recommendation and signed his name. Really? How do you expect to explain that away? Do you think you're the first and only person to experience problems with LOR writers? You have ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION for doing what you have done.

In my opinion, you deserve to have your admissions rescinded. You were purposefully deceitful, not just dishonest, and if LSAC had never called your boss, you would feel no remorse.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
Just a thought . . . This letter must have been pretty extravagant to prompt LSAC to call the sender.