Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where to go for Tax LLM (Not NYU, UF, GT)  (Read 4546 times)

prudentperson

• View Profile
    • Email
Where to go for Tax LLM (Not NYU, UF, GT)
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:25:28 PM »
I plan to pursue a LLM in tax next year. I have not been accepted into any of the top three but have been accepted to Miami, USD and Temple. I am still waiting to hear back from Nova and BU. I am interested in practicing in the northeast in particular Philadelphia. Does it make sense to go the best program (which appears to be Miami)? Or does it make more sense to go to local program like Nova or Temple and save about 20,000?

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go for Tax LLM (Not NYU, UF, GT)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »
If you are really set on Philly (be certain) and have PA residency, Temple is the answer whether we're talking about JD or LLM.  If we're really just talking about Philly, I don't think you could even justify GULC Tax over Temple.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »
If you are really set on Philly (be certain) and have PA residency, Temple is the answer whether we're talking about JD or LLM.  If we're really just talking about Philly, I don't think you could even justify GULC Tax over Temple.

I agree with this, your going to be local where you want to work, you can make connctions get interships etc., seems like a no brainer, go to school hwere you want to work.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »
Miami is really the best tax llm program?? huh.. surprising! I know Villanova has a great program, and the tax professors here are great! I took into to tax here and did well. My professor was hilarious!

Temple would be a great bet b/c i'm sure it is the cheapest out of all of them... Not sure if they have a cheaper price if your instate.. I know the llm in trial advocacy has a set price whether instate or out of state.

If you want to stay and Philly (and who wouldn't?....Oh except for all the eagles players that just left us this week!) haha go to Temple or Nova...

Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:24:39 PM »
Miami is really the best tax llm program?? huh.. surprising! I know Villanova has a great program, and the tax professors here are great! I took into to tax here and did well. My professor was hilarious!

Temple would be a great bet b/c i'm sure it is the cheapest out of all of them... Not sure if they have a cheaper price if your instate.. I know the llm in trial advocacy has a set price whether instate or out of state.

If you want to stay and Philly (and who wouldn't?....Oh except for all the eagles players that just left us this week!) haha go to Temple or Nova...

Yes miami is ranked 5th