Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse Law: Past, Present and Future  (Read 2594 times)

BeauEnigma

• View Profile
Syracuse Law: Past, Present and Future
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:02:42 AM »
Hello everyone!

I am an accepted student who is very interested in the College of Law at Syracuse. After doing some searches I understand that there is a lot of strong emotions (negative and some positive) regarding Syracuse University College of Law, as seen through posts on here and elsewhere. It seems as though there have been a lot of changes at the school throughout the past 40 years that have caused it's rankings to rise and fall dramatically and for their to be wide gaps in success of former students, as well as opinions. As I understand it, a lot of this has resulted from past Dean's, budgeting problems, and issues with the administrative staff responsible for job placement after graduation.

All of this said, I believe that it is time we opened a new discussion board on here for people to discuss this very issue... especially current administration and current students. I am NOT interested in what the school was like in the PAST, but am interested in knowing if they've begun to make amends with past issues and if the school is in fact (as rumors would have us believe) really tightening up to increase the experience of students and their academic environment, ensure the future of the College of Law as being just as highly esteemed as Syracuse University itself, and taking care of current students as well as alumni.

I like what I see at Syracuse, you just can't help but notice all of the dramatic things posted on here and other places about the college. So, here we go, lets have mature and undramatic discussion about how Syracuse is now, what changes are being made, and where the Deans and Faculty see the future of Syracuse College of Law.

BeauEnigma

• View Profile
Re: Syracuse Law: Past, Present and Future
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »
Maybe I should start with a question for current students (or anyone that knows).

Do you notice any changes being made, or is anyone discussing changes to be made, to stimulate a rise in the rankings?
Also, there was a rumor about a new Library in the future, is this true?

RRenee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:23:02 AM »
I'm an accepted student too an have the exact same questions about SUCOL.   Will you be attending the accepted student day on April 3?  I'm hoping I can get some of my questions answered then.

Monkeys99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:30 AM »
Well, Yale it ain't.

But, it's also not a bad school, just depends on why you're in law school and what you're expectations are.