Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse Law: Past, Present and Future  (Read 13410 times)

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Syracuse Law: Past, Present and Future
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
I'm about 800 miles away, so Im probably not going to make to visit. For those of you who do, consider up dating the rest of us on how it goes. 

iamprov

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »
FWIW, there's no difference in job prospects between Syracuse and Buffalo.  They're both regional schools.  Buffalo will land you way less debt, though, even with SU's scholarship offer.  I think you should visit both and decide as if the opportunities were equal.
Albany Law School Class of 2010

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:02 PM »
How about you come and visit after SU wins the championship?
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »
How about you come and visit after SU wins the championship?

I think I'll be out in May to look for apts etc. I imagine the party will be over by then, but if not I'll join in.  :)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2009, 11:20:16 PM »
Hey man, give me a holla if you're coming through.  I'll take you out and show you the fruits of the town.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 03:47:48 PM »
I just wanted to point out a few things regarding the school.  First, Dean Arterian (sp) is an absolute joke.  She is both unprofessional and an embarrassment to the school.

Other than that, and the cold winters (I am from CA) I got everything I wanted out of the school.  I came in with no prior experience of any kind and I came out with a year of family law experience, 1 semester of criminal defense experience and a semester of DA experience.  All under a practicing order so I can appear in court and be a primary case handler.  Some when the just hit the books route while other went the practical experience route..both can be done quite successfully.  I hope this information is helpful.  I graduated in May 08.

Bogart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 08:10:38 PM »
bdc, I was wondering if you would give so more information concerning your time at Syracuse?  How have your job offers been and where in the class did you finish?  Also, if you know, how is the joint degree program; I am particularily interested in the MPA from Maxwell.  I realize these are a lot of questions so thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 08:53:48 PM »
I just wanted to point out a few things regarding the school.  First, Dean Arterian (sp) is an absolute joke.  She is both unprofessional and an embarrassment to the school.

Other than that, and the cold winters (I am from CA) I got everything I wanted out of the school.  I came in with no prior experience of any kind and I came out with a year of family law experience, 1 semester of criminal defense experience and a semester of DA experience.  All under a practicing order so I can appear in court and be a primary case handler.  Some when the just hit the books route while other went the practical experience route..both can be done quite successfully.  I hope this information is helpful.  I graduated in May 08.

This makes me nervous. Would you be comfortable explaining a little bit?

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2009, 03:40:03 AM »
I was in the middle of the class but my experience got me job interviews and a job offer at the DAs office in CA. 
The joint MPA is a great way to go.  The MPA is Tops in the country and those who did the joint degree really thought it was worth it...I dont know the specifics sorry.

As far as the dean....this may not be a big deal to some but it sure was to me.  At our commencement she did not dress professionally, didnt bother to prepare a speech, leaned on the lecturn just talking and mixing up names...very unprofessional.  Many people do not like her.  With that said I dont know what the non student population thinks of her. 

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »
Did anyone go to one of the ASDs? I read a rather negativ review on TLS today. Any one care to give their opinion?