Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Provisionally approved law schools????  (Read 4228 times)

Georgiagrad

• View Profile
Provisionally approved law schools????
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »
So tell me- are any of them worth a damn? Some schools post that a graduate from a provisionally approved school can sit for the bar exam in any state, even if that school loses provisional approval- Is this true?

Georgiagrad

• View Profile
Re: Provisionally approved law schools????
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »
I am definately not thinking about John Marshall... I have heard a few good things about Charlotte Law and Charleston Law. Do you know anything about these schools?

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:43:23 AM »
Attending a provisionally approved school is probably not a good idea. If the school loses its provisional status before you graduate then you can't sit for the bar. See the following case, in which a former law student sued his law school over just this very same situation:

http://www.ca1.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/getopn.pl?OPINION=07-1770.01A

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:09:50 PM »
just read this case a few week backs in K. one minor point that makes a big difference. NESL had not even been provisionally accredited when rodi was accepted.

CWphoenix

• View Profile
    • Phoenix School of Law
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »
Hello everyone. I am new to the board can say that not all provisionally accredited schools are all that bad. I'm finishing up my 1L at www.phoenixlaw.org and really like it. If the university is under provisional accreditation when you are accepted you can take the bar exam
“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance”