Berkeley
Penn
Michigan
UVA
Northwestern
Cornell
Duke
GULC

Author Topic: Let's talk coffee.  (Read 426 times)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Let's talk coffee.
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:39:04 AM »
Okay, so coffee is important to me. Not like good weather is important, more like air. That being said, my choice may hinge, to a fair degree, on which school has the better coffee.

I'm open to all ABA approved schools, here, with the obvious exceptions of University of Washington, and Lewis and Clark. Clearly no one else can be expected to compete. ;)

Let's get a real ranking for once, none of that USNWR crap!
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk coffee.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »
Okay, so coffee is important to me. Not like good weather is important, more like air. That being said, my choice may hinge, to a fair degree, on which school has the better coffee.

I'm open to all ABA approved schools, here, with the obvious exceptions of University of Washington, and Lewis and Clark. Clearly no one else can be expected to compete. ;)

Let's get a real ranking for once, none of that USNWR crap!

OK, bear I appreciate your methodology, but I was looking more for personal experience/anecdotal evidence. For example, I can tell you from personal experience that UOregon has better coffee than Willamette.

Also, Berkeley to me is kind of a foodie spot, so I would put them before stanford. Just sayin'
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

pubintrst

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »
Are we talking coffee available at the law school or university? Or within 5 miles? Or anywhere in the city within which the law school is located?

I've got some anecdotal for the last two criterion, but little on the first. As a general rule (and I agree with the I-5 axiom) I would say there is a direct correlation between population size and coffee quality, though there are always outliers.

I'm currently drinking Kona coffee from my french press in Honolulu on some sort of work / vacation stint that I am trying to make last as long as possible. I suppose UH is off the table however.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 01:40:27 PM »
Unfortunately, Kona coffee on the mainland usually sucks. It's all a marketing scam now. The good stuff is WAY to expensive to drink.

As for the other, I was thinking of the coffee that is available to law students. So of we're talking about berkeley, for example, San Fran coffee is out. It has to be something you can get on class days :) .

Let's just eliminate the whole northwest, kay? It just makes things too complicated, and to be honest, there's just no competition (and I didn't apply to any northwest schools ;) )
LSN

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »
Blue Mountain has the same issues as Kona. It's been overhyped and overproduced to the point that most of it sucks and the good stuff is WAY over priced.

I blame japanese buyers who buy more for name than genuine quality.
LSN