Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Some Choices  (Read 415 times)

swc5018

• View Profile
Some Choices
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »
I've been accepted to Villanova, Penn State (not to be confused with Penn), Rutgers Newark, Seton Hall, and St. John's. Temple put me on the wait list, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Pittsburgh. Penn state offered me a scholarship for 1/2 tuition, and Rutgers gives in state tuition for anyone who signs a 12 month lease in NJ by July, so it's about 6K more the PSU. All the rest would cost me twice as much as PSU. Anyone have any thoughts on any of these schools?

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Some Choices
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
Do you live in PA? If so, I'd suggest Temple just because of the low in-state tuition. I know you're not actually accepted yet, but if you are... that's a good choice. I'd stay away from St. John's. Way too expensive and it's not a better school than anywhere else you've gotten into. Also, if you decide to head into Jersey, I think Rutgers > Seton Hall, and it's also a lot cheaper.

swc5018

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »
Yes I live in PA, and Temple is my first choice but I have to proceed as if I'm not going there and decide on Plan B, then hope for the best w/ Temple. At this point I've pretty much ruled out Seton Hall and St. John's just because of the price.

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
Well Villanova's the next best school... you just have to decide if the extra cost as compared to Rutgers and PSU would be worth it. I kinda depends where you wanna end up. If you wanna work in Philly, Villanova's probably your best choice. If you wanna work somewhere else in PA, you might be better off with PSU at a lower cost. The Rutgers name carries a lot more weight in NJ than it will anywhere else.