Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bar Review Courses  (Read 507 times)

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Bar Review Courses
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »
So I am taking the NY bar in July, and I am signed up for Barbri. Now people are also telling me I should take a nine day (six days in May, 3 days in July) Kaplan PMBR course for the MBE.

Is this Kaplan course necessary? The Kaplan rep was trying to get me to use the Kaplan bar review package, but I don't know anyone who has ever done that, so I'm sticking with Barbri....but should I shell out $1000 for this Kaplan nine day course?

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bar Review Courses
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
Bar/Bri's course includes the MBE so unless you are really struggling with it, I would say you do not need to spend anything extra.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bar Review Courses
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 04:14:32 PM »
So I am taking the NY bar in July, and I am signed up for Barbri. Now people are also telling me I should take a nine day (six days in May, 3 days in July) Kaplan PMBR course for the MBE.

Is this Kaplan course necessary? The Kaplan rep was trying to get me to use the Kaplan bar review package, but I don't know anyone who has ever done that, so I'm sticking with Barbri....but should I shell out $1000 for this Kaplan nine day course?

I took the PMBR course and it was completely worthless, as I just told another poster on this board.  BarBri is all you need; they give you the same "tips and tricks" the PMBR people do.  However, if you want the materials from PMBR, just buy the two books (which contain thousands of simulated MBE questions) on ebay:  it is much cheaper, but I still say you don't need them.