Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PROPERTY OUTLINE KEYED TO DUKEMINER KRIER?  (Read 12608 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: PROPERTY OUTLINE KEYED TO DUKEMINER KRIER?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 08:12:45 AM »
God, f-ing property. I can't believe I have to learn all this *&^% again for the bar. It sucked so much the first time.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 08:52:30 AM »
Good work, Wally.  I'm proud of you.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 09:08:10 AM »
Just get it on Amazon - The Gilbert book by Krier follows the Dukminier/Krier textbook pretty closely.  I highly recommend it.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »
Good work, Wally.  I'm proud of you.

Ditto. Nicely done.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
God, f-ing property. I can't believe I have to learn all this poo again for the bar. It sucked so much the first time.

This is one of those "wow, I'm so different" things.  I actually love, love, love property because most of it is so technical and voluminous.  With the exception of RAP -- which was almost fun once I understood validating lives and lives in being -- I love this stuff.

My worst subject is Crim because it's so straightforward.  WE get it.  The MPC says that this would be a gross deviation from the reasonable person.  Yawn.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:13 AM »
God, f-ing property. I can't believe I have to learn all this poo again for the bar. It sucked so much the first time.

This is one of those "wow, I'm so different" things.  I actually love, love, love property because most of it is so technical and voluminous.  With the exception of RAP -- which was almost fun once I understood validating lives and lives in being -- I love this stuff.

My worst subject is Crim because it's so straightforward.  WE get it.  The MPC says that this would be a gross deviation from the reasonable person.  Yawn.

I think Crim is more fun to practice on the ground--the facts are more interesting than in most other areas (hence all the TV shows), but I think you're right about substantive crim law.

You'd probably be more into crim pro (talk about technical and voluminous--wrinkle upon wrinkle upon wrinkle, hypo after hypo, all with actual answers from cases) than you are into substantive crim. Do you guys do that 1L year, or is it an elective?

Property was just really really difficult for me, because I never got past my initial "that's screwed up, why do you need to own things, why can't you just relax" reaction, which makes it hard to concentrate on all the little details. Also I got behind in the reading and didn't realize when we were majorly shifting gears, so all the estates, I was still in adverse-possession mode, and three weeks later I was like, wait, WHAT'S going on? Oh, that blew.
This sig kills fascists.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 12:55:17 PM »

Seroiusly...I'm re-reading Ks now, and I'm like I don't rember this, or this, or this, WTF I'm doomed.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »
We don't do Crim Pro.  Thanks for the suggestion.  CivPro I was, by far, my favorite class last quarter, and I loved all the FRCP details (I even inserted the advisory notes into my exam). 

I guess we think differently.  What do you plan to practice after graduation?  You seem like you would be a good oral advocate, judging by your LSD persona.  Possibly crim defense for you.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »
We don't do Crim Pro.  Thanks for the suggestion.  CivPro I was, by far, my favorite class last quarter, and I loved all the FRCP details (I even inserted the advisory notes into my exam). 

I guess we think differently.  What do you plan to practice after graduation?  You seem like you would be a good oral advocate, judging by your LSD persona.  Possibly crim defense for you.

You don't have a crim pro class? We did not cover crim pro in crim law, but we had cops and robers (Crrim Pro I) and Bail to jail (Crim Pro 2) as electives becuase they are on the bar.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 02:20:38 PM »

[touches nose; points finger at you.]

Got it in one.

Crim Pro is also HELPFUL, especially cops'n'robbers, because you cover all the search and seizure stuff that will actually come up in the day to day lives of people you know. Like, over New Years, I got to tell a high school friend that his lawyer sucked, b/c he pleaded him out on a possession charge that was based on a totally illegal search subject to a Terry stop. If you need a big juicy Black Letter Law class, I think it's a good time.

I liked Civ Pro okay (I think I found it soothing to know the mechanics of the whole shebang), and I lurved Crim Pro because the cases are more interesting. Murder! Domestic Violence! Kidnapping and the death penalty!

If you want more rules-based stuff and more advisory notes, Evidence has a bunch of stuff like that, and is very useful if you ever want to be in court. Also it's got tricky stuff like hearsay and hearsay-within-hearsay, and impeachment based on past convictions, with little brain-teaser-y problems about dates of convictions and what are they for and when you were released, and then you reoffended, were you reimprisoned on the OLD charge or the NEW charge because if one, then the prosecutor can't bring your conviction in to this NEW trial etc. Kind of like the RAP but much much much much much much less bad.
This sig kills fascists.