Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PROPERTY OUTLINE KEYED TO DUKEMINER KRIER?  (Read 12194 times)

Esco

• View Profile
PROPERTY OUTLINE KEYED TO DUKEMINER KRIER?
« on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »
Hello community,

I desprately need a property outline for the book titled - Property  by Dukeminer Krier.  I have the 6th Edition but a 5th Edition outline of the book will suffice.  I am half way through the semester and I don't know *&^%.  If you do not have a Property outline keyed to this book, any GOOD property outline will suffice.  Please help save my spring semester. 

Thanks,

Humble 1L  >:(
I'm The Question and The Answer like A.I.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PROPERTY OUTLINE KEYED TO DUKEMINER KRIER?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »
I MIGHT be able to send you my outline as a favor, but you're better off figuring this stuff on your own.  What are you struggling with?  Future interests?  RAP?  Intellectual property?  Covenants and common interest communities?  Deed recording?

If you're willing to answer that question, fully, I may send you my outline, but no guarantees.

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »
Ha ha...I love the conditions Freely...

I MIGHT be able to send you my outline as a favor, but you're better off figuring this stuff on your own.  What are you struggling with?  Future interests?  RAP?  Intellectual property?  Covenants and common interest communities?  Deed recording?

If you're willing to answer that question, fully, I may send you my outline, but no guarantees.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »
Wally, wtf. Don't dangle things in front of people who need help for no reason. It's crazy-rude and borderline sadistic.

OP, I didn't have a property outline, but I used Gilbert's Property (commercial outline/hornbook/thingy) and we were using the Dukeminier/Krier textbook. I think it helped. You just have to make sure you're only covering the things your prof covers, and that you're able to do anything that's outside the casebook that your prof threw in.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

epicac

• press play
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »
Hello community,

I desprately need a property outline for the book titled - Property  by Dukeminer Krier.

Emanuel has a solid outline, keyed to that text.
riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels...

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 11:25:08 PM »
Ha ha...I love the conditions Freely...

Esp. since he is constantly seeking the materials of upperclassmen!  Wally, I'm actually very surprised that you don't just help someone out, considering the fact that you so often ask for similar help.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 12:01:25 AM »
Hello community,

I desprately need a property outline for the book titled - Property  by Dukeminer Krier.

Emanuel has a solid outline, keyed to that text.

Bingo. I used this in conjunction with Law-in-a-flash cards for the Dukeminier/Krier textbook. was pleased with the results.

Man, I should get some flashcards!  It's weird to think about needing to learn vocabulary words, but yet, I do...
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:04:33 AM »
At my school, property is broken down into two semesters, of which we used Dukeminier/Krier/Alexander/Schill 6th ed both semesters. While I can't seem to find the outline for 1st semester, here's what I have outlined from my 2nd semester...

Property Guideline Outline

SYSTEM OF ESTATES

Possessory Estates (Chapter 3) (p. 173-208)

A. From Feudalism
  1) Tenure
  2) Feudal Tenure and Services
  3) Feudal Incidents
  4) Avoidance of Feudal Incidents
  5) Decline of Feudalism
B. The Fee Simple
  1) How the Fee Simple Developed
    a. Heritability
    b. Alienability
    c. Fee Simple Estate
  2) Creation of a Fee Simple
  3) Inheritance of a Fee Simple
C. Fee Tail
D. Life Estates
E. Leasehold Estates
F. Defeasible Estates

Future Interests (Chapter 4) (p. 225-239)

A. Future Interests in the Transferor
  1) Reversion
  2) Possibility of Reverter
  3) Right of Entry
B. Future Interests in Transferees
  1) Remainders
  2) Executory Interests
    a. No Spinning Interests, No Springing Interests
    b. The Use
    c. Abolition of the Use: Statute of Uses
    d. Modern Executory Interests
C. The Trust

LEASEHOLDS: THE LAW OF LANDLORD AND TENANT

Tradition, Tension and Change in Landlord-Tenant Law (Chapter 6) (p. 361-376, 384-388, 403-449)

A. The Leasehold Estates
  1) Term of Years
  2) Periodic Tenancy
  3) Tenancy at Will
  4) Tenancy at Sufferance: Holdovers
B. The Lease
C. Delivery of Possession
D. The Tenant Who Defaults
  1) Tenant in Possession
  2) Tenant Who Has Abandoned Possession
E. Duties, Rights and Remedies (Esp. regarding the condition of the leased property)
  1) Landlordís Duties: Tenantís Rights and Remedies
    a. Quiet Enjoyment and Constructive Eviction
    b. Implied Warranty of Habitability
  2) Tenantís Duties: Landlordís Rights and Remedies

TRANSFERS OF LAND

The Land Transaction (Chapter 7)(p. 451-454, 463-494, 513-518, 526-565)

A. Brokers
B. The Contract of Sale
  1) Statute of Frauds
  2) Marketable Title
  3) Duty to Disclose Defects
C. The Deed
  1) Warranties of Title
  2) Delivery
D. The Mortgage

Title Assurance (Chapter 8) (p. 559-565, 580-598, 603-612, 615-630)

A. The Recording System
  1) Introduction
  2) The Indexes
  3) Types of Recording Acts
  4) Chain of Title Problems
  5) Inquiry Notice
B. Title Insurance

LAND USE CONTROLS

Private Land Use Controls: The Law of Servitudes (Chapter 10)(p. 667-688. 716-725, 736-768, 772-793, 814-819)

A. Easements
  1) Historical Background
  2) Creation of Easements
  3) Scope of Easements
  4) Negative Easements

B. Covenants Running with the Land
  1) Historical Background
    a. Covenants Enforceable at Law: Real Covenants
    b. Covenants Enforceable in Equity: Equitable Servitudes
  2) Creation of Covenants
  3) Validity and Enforcement of Covenants
  4) Scope of Covenants
  5) Termination of Covenants

If this looks like the material you're covering this semester, let me know and I'll forward along my outline. As a warning, the actual outline is 55 pages, complete with examples and quotes from the casebook (with page cites)... it's less of an outline and more of a supplement, but it's what works for me. It got me a B+... not my best grade, but considering my disinterest in property, I couldn't complain.
Contact me off list if you're interested....
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 12:43:50 AM »
I'm really sorry.  PM me your e-mail and I will send you my property outline.

Table of Contents:

Acquisition (Discovery, Capture rule and norms, Adverse Possession of real property/chattels, Gifts)

Common Resources (TOC, Oak Leaves, Shasta County, Public Trust Doctrine, Ellickson, Sax)

Ownership (Fee Tail, Fee Simple, Future Interests [remainders . . . contingent, vested, vested subject to divestment, vested subject to open], Defeasible Estates [fee simple subject to condition subsequent, fee simple determinable], tenants in common, Delfino, tenancy by the entirety, joint tenancy, Right to Abandon, Right to Exclude, Right to Destroy)

Intellectual Property (Patentable Subject Matter, Diamond v. Chakrabarty, Moore v. UC Regents, Copyright and copyrightable subject matter, Harper and Row, Transformative Use and Campbell v. Acuff Rose, copyright extension, INS v. AP)

PART II

Leaseholds (Hannan v. Dusch and American/English rule for legal/actual possession, Garner v. Gerrish, Sommers v. Kridel, Federal Housing Act Section 3604(c), Rent Control and Chicago Board)

Land Transfers (duty to disclose, Stambovsky, Murphy v. Fin Dev. Cop. and mortgages, Johnson v. Davis, deed delivery, revocable trusts, types of deeds including general warranty deeds and quitclaims)

. . . lots more but I'm tired.

. . . wait, no I'm not!

Private land use controls:

Nuisance (coase theorem and transaction costs, hold-outs, four rules of property and liability for entitlements, Jost v. Dairyland, Boomer, Spur v. Del Webb, Morgan, Dallas Estancias, substantial interference, reasonable, compensate and harm > utility)

Easements (negative, positive, gross and appurtenant, Miller and the "one stock" rule, implied easment and Van Sandt, implied grant, implied reservation, easement by necessity [must be strict necessity] and Rosien, easment by prescription and also Rosien, easement by estoppel and irrevocable license and Holbrook v. Taylor, profits a pendre)

Covenants (Rick v. West, touch and concern, horizontal and vertical privity, chart for determining whether you can seek damages or an injunction, Nahresdt, homeowner's associations, co-ops, reasonable, Damien of Molokai, Federal Housing Act Section 3604(f), protected groups under the Federal Housing Act.)

Zoning (Euclid v. Ambler, spot zoning, density zoning, cumulative zoning, Belle Toras, Berkeley and the ugly-ass pyramid house, Mount Laurel v. NAACP and exclusionary zoning)

And that's it for now.