Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pet Friendly Housing in DC?  (Read 2859 times)

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Friendly Housing in DC?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 11:33:14 PM »
Anyone summering in DC with a dog? I am, and am trying to find a roommate with the same situation.

What kinda dog is that julie?  Super cool looking.

Also, Dupont is not really a commute.  Don't live in Foggy Bottom.  There is nothing there and it is over priced.  You can walk from Dupont to where you will be working (most likely K street).

She's a cocker spaniel :) Thanks! Thanks all for the advice-- I think I will look at Dupont... I have lived on the VA side, but wanted to be closer to work this summer-- the metro is great, but the commute time is ridiculous.
Vanderbilt 2010

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 08:33:23 AM »
Anyone summering in DC with a dog? I am, and am trying to find a roommate with the same situation.

Also, Dupont is not really a commute.  Don't live in Foggy Bottom.  There is nothing there and it is over priced.  You can walk from Dupont to where you will be working (most likely K street).

She's a cocker spaniel :) Thanks! Thanks all for the advice-- I think I will look at Dupont... I have lived on the VA side, but wanted to be closer to work this summer-- the metro is great, but the commute time is ridiculous.

Are you serious?  I live in VA and commute via metro Downtown everyday.  It takes 15 minutes.

combative0L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 12:12:52 AM »

This is crazy. It takes little time if any time at all because it's very easy you get on the blue/orange line, and sit. Six minutes later= work.

I work for a BIGLAW firm in DC and live in DC but I wish i lived in VA sometimes because it's more quiet.

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 04:35:10 PM »
Bully for all you living directly off the blue/orange line who can skate right into work. LOL. When I last lived in VA, I alternately worked off the green and red lines, which required driving to a metro stop or waiting for a bus, then getting to the metro, waiting for a train, switching tracks and then having a brisk walk. Not exactly a 6 minute commute.

I'm now considering leaving the dog with family this summer.
Vanderbilt 2010

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »
Bully for all you living directly off the blue/orange line who can skate right into work. LOL. When I last lived in VA, I alternately worked off the green and red lines, which required driving to a metro stop or waiting for a bus, then getting to the metro, waiting for a train, switching tracks and then having a brisk walk. Not exactly a 6 minute commute.

I'm now considering leaving the dog with family this summer.

Yeah, that commute is a pain.  My advice would be to look at places like Ballston (orange line), Clarendon (Orange Line), Court House (Orange Line), Crystal City (Yellow/Blue), Rosslyn (Yellow/Blue), etc.... Living downtown is over-rated.