Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pet Friendly Housing in DC?  (Read 2862 times)

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Pet Friendly Housing in DC?
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »
Anyone summering in DC with a dog? I am, and am trying to find a roommate with the same situation.
Vanderbilt 2010

bitblaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Friendly Housing in DC?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 08:09:43 PM »
I'm not necessarily looking for a roommate, but I do need to find summer housing in DC or NOVA that accepts dogs (if anyone has any suggestions).
2L

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »
2000 N St NW accepts dogs (not sure if there is a limit on size, there may be).  Its called The Flats and is in south Dupont (a few blocks from Farragut North and Farragut West (red line) metro stops).  All of my friends that live in DC that have dogs live in Dupont. 

bitblaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »
2000 N St NW accepts dogs (not sure if there is a limit on size, there may be).  Its called The Flats and is in south Dupont (a few blocks from Farragut North and Farragut West (red line) metro stops).  All of my friends that live in DC that have dogs live in Dupont. 

I can't figure out whether they allow short-term leases, but that looks like a nice place in a great location.  I may have to check it out over spring break.
2L

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »
Anyone know of pet-friendly housing near Foggy Bottom or McPherson Sq? Thx! Trying to cut down on commute time as much as possible.
Vanderbilt 2010

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 09:49:35 PM »
Check out 2400 M Street apartments
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

combative0L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »
I have a lease expiring near some of the firms in that area (paul hastings, etc.) and can have dogs in my apartment but I was going to sleep there and do some pre-law school studying during the summer. for the rigth price, I'd move up to mass a little earlier

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 12:52:28 AM »
yea, 2400 M St is legit.  Dupont south is pretty close to foggy bottom and McPherson (the Flats is about a ten minute walk to the foggy bottom metro. Unfortunately, most of the pet friendly places are a little pricey (approximately 1700 for studios).  While you probably cannot get a short term lease from the management company at either, you may be able to get a sublet off of craigslist.  Also, Nalp puts out an apartment exchange listing service soon (not sure when, I just remember getting some sort of email).

If you have any questions about neighborhoods, etc, ive lived in NW DC for about 3 years now and would be happy to provide any insight I have. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »
Anyone summering in DC with a dog? I am, and am trying to find a roommate with the same situation.

What kinda dog is that julie?  Super cool looking.

Also, Dupont is not really a commute.  Don't live in Foggy Bottom.  There is nothing there and it is over priced.  You can walk from Dupont to where you will be working (most likely K street).

ferbear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 06:58:53 PM »
My housemates and I are subletting our apartment for the summer (5/15-8/15 or 8/31) in a 4BR house that is pet-friendly. PM me for more info.
'10