Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: US Attorney's Office  (Read 8212 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: US Attorney's Office
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 06:32:30 PM »
I think there are a lot of reasons people don't ask.  Some people forget, just like their supervisors.  Once they move onto the next project, they don't look back to what they've finished.  Other people really are intimidated to ask.  There are people who probably think if there was anything overly negative or positive to say, then their supervisor would come and tell them.  And I'm sure there are at least a few people out there who just are afraid of getting any negative feedback so they avoid it.

Hopeful0L

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »
anybody kno what the deal is with their drug policy for internships?  i'm not a pothead or anything, but i smoke once or twice a year if i'm at a party and someone else haz.  am i disqualified?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 02:35:45 AM »
I know the security clearance thing asks about drug use within the last year...I think it's probably a bad idea to withhold information there.  I'm not sure whether occasional marijuana use is an automatic ding, though...
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

armyjag

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 01:56:04 PM »
I know the security clearance thing asks about drug use within the last year...I think it's probably a bad idea to withhold information there.  I'm not sure whether occasional marijuana use is an automatic ding, though...

I concur, and I will add.  As someone who has/had security clearances, tell them the truth and don't do it anymore.  If you don't do it anymore then you can explain it to them as the "youthful indescretion," which is what they want to hear. 
Proving there is redemption in this world...

dyanicooley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 12:59:44 AM »
that's great, bdiz. my sister should be trying for me at williammuhr. let me see how it goes.

you got a nice opportunity to start your practice.