Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Top 7-9 to Top 2-4?  (Read 925 times)

bdiz

• View Profile
Top 7-9 to Top 2-4?
« on: February 11, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »
What stats/class rank/conditions do you all think are necessary/sufficient for such a move?

ThankS!
 :-*

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Top 7-9 to Top 2-4?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:00:56 PM »
What stats/class rank/conditions do you all think are necessary/sufficient for such a move?

ThankS!

If you join the Transfer Apps group at Yahoo groups, they have a database of a few hundred transfers for each of the past three or four years.  Lots of information to mine there.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

bdiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:27 PM »
Hey mbw,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've poured over transferapps already and it seems to be mostly geared towards Tier 1 or Tier 2 transfer applicants (not surprising as this is where the majority come from).  There are a few on there in analogous situtations to this, but not enough that I was comfortable making any kind of concrete assumptions.

Thanks,

b ;)

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:45:54 AM »
Hey mbw,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've poured over transferapps already and it seems to be mostly geared towards Tier 1 or Tier 2 transfer applicants (not surprising as this is where the majority come from).  There are a few on there in analogous situtations to this, but not enough that I was comfortable making any kind of concrete assumptions.

Thanks,

b ;)

As a transfer in your situation, I don't think there are any concrete assumptions to be made.  If you have a personal reason for needing to change schools, make that clear in your application. 

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:06:37 PM »

ThankS!

I would assume you would need to be in the top 10% or so, just because almost all other 'viable' transfer applicants will be at the top of their class(es) as well. 

I'm sure being at MVPB will be a bump, but I'm pretty sure that being first in your class at a T30 will probably look better than just being 75th percentile at MVPB. 

Pure speculation though.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.