Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Electronic App Question  (Read 1254 times)

Lawsome

• View Profile
Electronic App Question
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:47:02 AM »
If I apply online via LSAC, do I have to attach the supp docs and submit electronically as well? Or can this be submitted subsequently? The school will just hold my file until everything is complete right? Also, will they request my LSDAS report as soon as the application is received? Or do they wait for everything else?  ???

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: Electronic App Question
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 12:52:36 AM »
You can, and should submit almost everything electronically. Schools will request your application as soon as you pay the fees and they get notice of it.

However, note that schools will consider your application complete as soon as they have everything they REQUIRE. This means if they consider LOR optional, they may read you application without it.

If you do send an application that is incomplete, drop the school an email asking them to hold you application until you submit whatever materials are still outstanding.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Lawsome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:10:30 PM »
Awesome, thanks! One last question....I've seen it can take over a week for LSAC to actually send my app to the schools... Since it's so close to the deadline, should I overnight everything via Fedex or UPS so that it will reach their office much quicker, and so there will definitely be time for them to request and receive my LSAC report and LORs before the deadline?

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 07:32:48 PM »
hmm, not totally sure, but since most schools require an LSDAS report, and transcripts, you might as well just send it all via LSDAS. but don't take my word for it. You might even call the schools admissions office and ask them what would be better.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »
It sounds like you have already received some great advice.  If you are concerned about meeting the deadline or have any additional questions, you can definitely call LSDAS or the schools directly and see what they suggest.  There is usually some delay before LSDAS can distribute all of your materials. Best of luck!

Alisa Greenstein | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com/law