Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Prof Posted Sample Answers from T25 and YLS  (Read 3297 times)

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Prof Posted Sample Answers from T25 and YLS
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »
Although I didn't want to think it at first, the YLS answers blew the T25 answers out of the water on similar tests.  The best students at the T25 and the best at YLS didn't compete.  The YLS students got so much deeper into the facts, I had to close my eyes, lest I be blown away by analytical prowess and intellectual ability.  I won't mention that the best T25 exam missed the law, analyzed the wrong things, and still beat the classmates.

Just another prestige-fixated thought from your friendly prestige-addict to go T14 or bust!

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Re: Prof Posted Sample Answers from T25 and YLS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »
Although I didn't want to think it at first, the YLS answers blew the T25 answers out of the water on similar tests.  The best students at the T25 and the best at YLS didn't compete.  The YLS students got so much deeper into the facts, I had to close my eyes, lest I be blown away by analytical prowess and intellectual ability.  I won't mention that the best T25 exam missed the law, analyzed the wrong things, and still beat the classmates.

Just another prestige-fixated thought from your friendly prestige-addict to go T14 or bust!

I'm inclined to disagree as a general matter, but I'd be curious to see these exams.

Jake_MONDATTA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:36:51 PM »
Why is this surprising?  Was it that the gulf between YLS and the T25 school wider than you thought?

It would be interesting to see how far this goes.  I mean, since conventional wisdom on LSD is that you'll never work again if you get an A- in the T10-T15... 

My best guess is that if you compared best to best, you'd find that quality generally falls with US News rank until you get down to the state schools outside of the T14. I would imagine that quality would spike there due to the handful of smarties taking advantage of local scholarships.

Of course we (or at least I) appear to be assuming the differences are due to student ability.  What if some of the differences can be attributed to the level of instruction?

jbakguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »
Can anyone take a look at those exams??

RonSantoRules

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:27:28 PM »
Who gives a sh&^. Congrats, you T14ers can write a 4 hour exam better than us lowly T40 cellar dwellers. I guess I'll just get back to flipping burgers and await to bask in the glow of your proximate cause analysis.

Actually you have just made the perfect argument for NOT going T14. Since we're such dumbasses, you should go to a lower ranked school for free, kick all our asses, and then enjoy your #1 class ranking.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
Who gives a sh&^. Congrats, you T14ers can write a 4 hour exam better than us lowly T40 cellar dwellers. I guess I'll just get back to flipping burgers and await to bask in the glow of your proximate cause analysis.

Actually you have just made the perfect argument for NOT going T14. Since we're such dumbasses, you should go to a lower ranked school for free, kick all our asses, and then enjoy your #1 class ranking.

This was funny and apt, unlike almost everything that Wally says.  Something tells me he's going to have a daughter that has to let loose from the stress of her Rutgers communication major by blowing dudes in Cancun.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
Ron Santo does Rule.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:11 PM »

This was funny and apt, unlike anything that Wally talks about.  Something tells me he's going to have a daughter that has to let loose from the stress of her Rutgers communication major by blowing dudes in Cancun.

Another situation where I lol'd :D
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Orbits

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 10:52:14 PM »
Although I didn't want to think it at first . . .

yes you did. in fact, you more than anyone would read the answers so as to make them comport with your t14-or-bust view of the world, which is why this post, like all your others, has absolutely no value or credibility.

I had to close my eyes, lest I be blown away by analytical prowess and intellectual ability. . .

lol. such a tool.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:14 PM »
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?