;

Poll

what are my chances?

wait?
 1 (16.7%)
go for it?
 5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: 3.6/ 160  (Read 485 times)

dreameca

• View Profile
    • Email
3.6/ 160
« on: February 10, 2009, 01:34:41 PM »
i am an undergrad from UCberkeley, legal studies major. I have a 3.64 and a 160. i applied late in the cycle tho, coz i had to wait for LORs. what are my chances? i really really really wna get into loyola marymount. i am an immigrant from Hong Kong, migrated to the states when I was 14. I wrote an immigrant story of overcoming disadvantages during my transition in high school. i am worried sick abt acceptance letters. if i dont make it into loyola or pepperdine, should i wait for next yr? instead of going into a T3 school like chapman?

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 3.6/ 160
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:49:58 PM »
You can always apply to the T3's and see if you get major scholarship money. It's not like you are forced to go if they accept you. If you don't get a scholarship offer you like apply early next year to the Loyola and Pepperdine and see what happens then.

SamE397

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:31:41 PM »
I would say you probably have a decent shot you're right above the 25th percentile lsat, right below the median lsat, and well above the median gpa. The schools I applied at where I had comparatively similar numbers accepted me. The way I've heard the admissions cycle explained is basically that if you're competitive you're competitive at any point during the cycle but applying earlier will give you a better shot at scholarships and being accepted if you're borderline. 

wyatth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »
you shouldn't have trouble getting into LMU?
Keep us posted. I hope to go there as well but have a much lower GPA.