Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 157/3.7 Chances  (Read 3781 times)

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: 157/3.7 Chances
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 02:00:23 AM »
Nice guys finish last. I for one, think I will be a model lawyer.

And if you think that, then you can accomplish it just as well from Columbia as you can from Harvard. Defining your likely current prospects as "finishing last" is . . . well, never mind. I really shouldn't get into this. The point is, if you choose to think of anything but Harvard as finishing last because you think you "deserve" to get in based on your numbers, then you're setting yourself up to be bitter and unhappy. Maybe you'll get into HLS, maybe you won't, but if you start complaining about how it's unfair and "finishing last" not to get in right from the get go, then, yes, it's hard to feel particularly sympathetic.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

HopefullyHarvard2011

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 03:10:53 AM »
Harvard Law was my goal. I consider going to any T14 a privilege; with that said you should never aim low. I aimed for a Top three because one should strive towards maximum potential. I may, or may not get in. Which ever scenario occurs I'm still pleased I gave it my all, and yes I would like to think hardwork is rewarded. I still, however, stand by my statement about A.A generalizing europeans.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 03:17:26 AM »
GPA: 3.7 (MSU, double-major, honors college)
LSAT: 157

URM Status: Native American

I have a feeling most people will tell me to retake the LSAT. I'm not planning on attending law school until fall 2010 (currently Americorps Vista volunteer), so it is a possibility. I took the LSAT last fall and was not happy with my score, but also not surprised. My pretests were in that range. I studied moderately but not as much as I would have liked. My concern is that, even if I retake the LSAT, my score might not improve that dramatically. That being said, I'm interested in knowing my chances at getting into law schools based on my current numbers.

As for location, I'm currently living in Chicago, but not opposed to relocating (would actually prefer it). I'd like to go to the best law school I can get into, but prefer big cities. I'm most interested in international law/human rights law. Any thoughts?

How do you feel about Florida?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

chi2009

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 06:42:50 PM »
wow, wish i was an "URM"...
[/quote]

I hear that!

chi2009

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »
Nice guys finish last. I for one, think I will be a model lawyer.

Yes.  Yes you will.