Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Feb Results  (Read 6906 times)

tony_rocky_horror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feb Results
« on: February 07, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »
So whats the deal with results? are they ever early? what time? what specific tab will it be under?

NYCFed

• View Profile
Re: Feb Results
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »
For today's LSAT LSAC has March 2nd as the date they will email scores.  I certainly wouldn't mind getting them earlier...

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 04:13:58 PM »
So whats the deal with results? are they ever early? what time? what specific tab will it be under?

The June test I took on a Monday and got the score on the Thursday afternoon 2.5 weeks later.  The date it said scores would come out was right at 3 weeks I believe.

The October test I took on a Saturday and got my score on the Friday night just under 3 weeks later.  The date it said scores would come out was the following Monday.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »
My February results last year came on the 22nd.  For the Feb takers, the 27th is about the same time frame.

tony_rocky_horror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »
So the absolute earliest would be Feb 25?

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 08:01:47 PM »
Forgive me for asking this, but why exactly does it take so long for LSAT scores to be released?  I understand the Monday for Sabbath observers, and I get that maybe they'd need a week after that, but it's a scantron!  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Bernie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »
I imagine there's lots of administrative BS that goes on.  There's the window for canceling, probably a few score/cheating investigations, a few test administration mishaps that need to be addressed (tests canceled for snow, fire alarms, etc.), and the usual batch of complaint calls from people who were unhappy with their test centers.

I don't know for sure, but I imagine that there is probably quite a bit of shipping involved to get the scantrons back.  Finally, even with the miracle of modern technology I'm sure that it takes a LONG time to run all 40,000 scantrons through.  And I'm sure there are the usual technological snafus that plague all offices. 

Don't get me wrong: I'd like scores sooner, too.  I just imagine that there must be a ton of logistical stuff that needs to happen.  And, sadly, I'm so old that I remember when we had to wait for our scores in the mail 6 weeks later.  And when we used to have to pay an extra $10 to call up and get our score through the automated telephone system.  That was torture!

I also remember Atari, ditto machines, and using the school typewriter to fill out my college aps.  Who's with me?  Anyone else on here old like me?

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 08:08:15 PM »
And, sadly, I'm so old that I remember when we had to wait for our scores in the mail 6 weeks later.  And when we used to have to pay an extra $10 to call up and get our score through the automated telephone system.  That was torture!

I'm right with you there, except I remember having to do that for the SAT and it was $23!  Those people make a killing off of over-anxious teenagers.

Seriously though, thanks for the explanation.  I know a lot of administrative stuff goes into it, but I still feel like 1.5-2 weeks is a more reasonable time frame to sort through problems and run the Scantron.  That said complaining does me no good, I'll just continue to wait like the over-anxious teenager I once was  :-\

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 05:49:15 PM »
The LSAT is going to the computer soon anyway.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »
The LSAT is going to the computer soon anyway.

says who?