Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Declared Unfit to Sit for the Bar...Now What?  (Read 3881 times)

rugbyguy

• View Profile
Re: Declared Unfit to Sit for the Bar...Now What?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 10:13:22 AM »
Also, the fact that I did notreport it to the bar is why I am in so much trouble right now.  They contacted the undergrad university to obtain my disciplinary record and it was then that they discovered it. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
I still don't buy it.  Now you are spewing out costs of legal representation out of nowhere lol.  Also, I still contend that the Bar would question you before declaring you unfit.  Even NY does this, and NY has a tougher standard than most state Bar's.

rugbyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »
Actually, these are costs per the confirmation email that I received from the attorney after I made the appointment.  The board has made a "preliminary determination" that I am unfit to practice, which will become final unless I appeal at a hearing.  The dean advised me that I almost have to have legal representation at the hearing...otherwise, its like bringing a knife to a gun fight.  Why would I spend my time on here making up some false story? It may sound unreasonable or unlikely but it is certainly true. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 02:54:35 PM »
Actually, these are costs per the confirmation email that I received from the attorney after I made the appointment.  The board has made a "preliminary determination" that I am unfit to practice, which will become final unless I appeal at a hearing.  The dean advised me that I almost have to have legal representation at the hearing...otherwise, its like bringing a knife to a gun fight.  Why would I spend my time on here making up some false story? It may sound unreasonable or unlikely but it is certainly true. 

Why would you post this story at all other than to cause panic lol?

rugbyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »
Because I thought someone else might have had a similar predicament.  Get a life, a-hole. 

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »
I, for one, appreciate the heads up.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

rj

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 08:20:27 PM »
My guess is that this is a flame.... I don't buy that the BAR would declare him unfit simply because of something so stupid. 

Are you kidding?  He lied about who he was (by using somebody else's pass).  Then he did not disclose something he was required to disclose.

Uhm, yeah, I'm thinkin' the bar would be all over that.  Lying is a big deal to the bar.

Thanks to the OP for the warning.  Good luck with it.

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 03:22:43 AM »
If this is really the only thing, you should be fine (though you should absolutely retain an attorney). 
I am officially a law school graduate : )

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 10:14:26 PM »
Yeaaaa this sounds a lot like the FL bar, they are supposed to be the most strict about C&F and most difficult to pass. Some people say their background test and standards are as stringent as the FBI or more! And they offer very significant discounts if you apply as a 1L.
In a meeting today at my school they stressed the importance of making sure to disclose EVERYTHING even on your clinic/internship apps because of past issues with some students. FL is a pain in the ass.  Well, hopefully you are not here....Good luck OP. 
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 09:31:50 AM »
Yeaaaa this sounds a lot like the FL bar, they are supposed to be the most strict about C&F and most difficult to pass. Some people say their background test and standards are as stringent as the FBI or more! And they offer very significant discounts if you apply as a 1L.
In a meeting today at my school they stressed the importance of making sure to disclose EVERYTHING even on your clinic/internship apps because of past issues with some students. FL is a pain in the ass.  Well, hopefully you are not here....Good luck OP. 

This is what puzzles me.... As someone with a security clearance, let me tell you that the FBI is not as frightening as people make it out to be.  Getting a clearance is relatively easy (just a pain in the ass).  It amazes me to think that the BAR C&F is more stringent.