Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UST is it all its cracked up to be  (Read 2818 times)

amensupremera

• View Profile
    • Email
UST is it all its cracked up to be
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:28:39 AM »
Wondering about the reputation of UST. Got a full tuition scholarship but I want to know if the school is any good. Job prospects, classes, internship opps, etc.

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UST is it all its cracked up to be
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 01:27:17 PM »
Wondering about the reputation of UST. Got a full tuition scholarship but I want to know if the school is any good. Job prospects, classes, internship opps, etc.

I am curious as well. I got the same offer.

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »
I haven't heard anything good about it. Usually just wisecracks about its TTT status. I would imagine you'd have difficulty finding a job outside of the city/immediate area in which it's located. You might be able to get a decent job if you're in the top 5%. Also keep in mind that the keeping the scholarship all three years might require a certain class rank and/or GPA. T2 and below schools tend to do this. A lot of times you have to end up in the top 1/3 or something and they put all the scholarship students in one section which forces most to lose their scholarships. Just be weary and do a lot of research. Other students can probably chime in with more specifics, but I just wanted to give some basics and a general warning.

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »
I also was offered a full ride to UST, which I didn't accept.
I know at least one other kid at my school who got the same offer and also declined.

If you're good enough to get a full ride there, then you can get into a T1 with at least SOME scholarship money, like we did. That's a better bet.