Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Depaul's grading curve  (Read 6126 times)

amensupremera

• View Profile
    • Email
Depaul's grading curve
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:11:33 AM »
I got a scholarship offer from Depaul that requires a 2.3 gpa to keep. I've heard about grading curve traps and I was wondering if this was one of them.

bryan9584

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Depaul's grading curve
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »
2.3 is pretty low, I would assume that you would just have to get passing grades which is not hard. I recommend you search the website and see what the curve is there. Just for perspective, my school you need to keep a 3.25 which is definitely a lot harder and probably considered a "trap" for a lot of students.

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 10:15:52 PM »
That pretty much means it would be impossible to lose your scholarship. Back when I was applying to law schools I got a scholarship offer from them and it required that I maintain a 3.3.

And if you got that sweet of a scholarship offer from them, it probably means that they really want you. And if DePaul really wants you, it probably means that a tier 1 sort of wants you. I'd skip DePaul and go to the tier 1, unless you want to work in Chicago. Then I'd stay at DePaul.

Are they still sending out t-shirts?

ohioan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »
I got a scholarship offer from Depaul that requires a 2.3 gpa to keep. I've heard about grading curve traps and I was wondering if this was one of them.

is that for full time or part time?