Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The networking questions thread  (Read 1078 times)

lyre

• brightly burns
    • View Profile
Re: The networking questions thread
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 03:27:50 AM »
Uh, I definitely wouldn't stop by someone's office EVERY MONTH.  That sounds more like stalking than networking.  Honestly, I think even calling every month is pushing it, unless you truly have something really good to talk about (doubtful).  Keep in mind these people have lives.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The networking questions thread
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 12:42:32 PM »
Uh, I definitely wouldn't stop by someone's office EVERY MONTH.  That sounds more like stalking than networking.  Honestly, I think even calling every month is pushing it, unless you truly have something really good to talk about (doubtful).  Keep in mind these people have lives.

I didn't mean to pop up unannounced. Call, see if they're busy, and if it's ok if stop in and shoot the *&^%. The whole point is to develop a relationship - to get to the point where you're a colleague, not some dumb 1L begging for a job. Get the guerrilla tactics book Matthies talks about, and also get a book called "Never Eat Alone". ''
Eventually you'll get to the level where they'll TELL you to stop by, they'll offer to take you to lunch, etc. And have something else to talk about besides the law all the time. Sports is always a winner.