Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Different Transcript Question  (Read 1276 times)

joshbrown007

• View Profile
Different Transcript Question
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:05:54 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I have maybe a stupid question, but I'm not sure about it so I'll ask anyways, I had applied to 5 law schools in November and have so far been waitlisted and rejected, I am not sure what will happen with the others however to ensure I get in somewhere I just decided, even though its kinda late in the game, to apply to a few more places, but the one thing I realized after I submitted my information to these new schools was that my transcript hasn't been updated showing the end of my fall semester. My GPA dropped one point, partly due to senioritis, and I want to know if I should send these schools my updated transcript or not?

joshbrown007

• View Profile
Re: Different Transcript Question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
Any Ideas?

rnl623

• MSN Messenger - hockey_girl_99@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - hockey_girl_9923
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:22 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I have maybe a stupid question, but I'm not sure about it so I'll ask anyways, I had applied to 5 law schools in November and have so far been waitlisted and rejected, I am not sure what will happen with the others however to ensure I get in somewhere I just decided, even though its kinda late in the game, to apply to a few more places, but the one thing I realized after I submitted my information to these new schools was that my transcript hasn't been updated showing the end of my fall semester. My GPA dropped one point, partly due to senioritis, and I want to know if I should send these schools my updated transcript or not?

You will need to eventually send your updated transcripts to these schools. If the school has accessed your LSDAS report, you will have to send it straight to the school, if not, you may be able to send it to LSAC to update your LSDAS report. Remember, if the school requests your fall grades, you have an obligation to send them ASAP or they will delay review of your application. Another thing to think about that I learned from my pre-law advisor: becoming a lawyer means your are becoming a professional and should be following a code of ethical behavior in every aspect of your life from now on because your reputation is important in the legal profession. You do not want to jeopardize your future career by withholding information from a law school because that could be considered dishonest and could jeopardize future admissions to any law school period.

If I were you, I would send the grades ASAP and submit an addendum if you are concerned about the impact it will have on your overall GPA about why this semester was sub-par, then I would try very hard to raise my spring grades to finish on a good note. More than likely, if you only had one semester of poor performance, it could be explained away in an addendum and would not hurt your chances that much. If you do not get accepted to any school this cycle, you can always do something to readjust your application and apply to a subsequent cycle. It is better than being denied admission because of "dishonesty" and having that reputation circulate to other schools and being denied admission to law school ever.

Good luck on your app cycle!
"Though heads will turn, her path never wavered..."

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 08:44:40 AM »
By one point do you mean from 3.X to 2.X or from 3.X to 3.(X-1)?

Huge difference there!