Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: small mistake on application  (Read 1312 times)

ritkaa

• View Profile
    • Email
small mistake on application
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:24:19 AM »
I thought I reviewed my applications thoroughly, but due to my Jewish luck I realized a small error on one of the applications. I forgot to put an 'x' in the box where it asked if I was born in the USA or not, but then on the next line it asked where I was born and I wrote my birthplace.

What should I do? will this error be taken heavily??

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: small mistake on application
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »
I would highly doubt it. You can call to check, but as mistakes on applications go, I'd say this is really one of the more minor ones.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »
I very seriously doubt anyone will care and chance are it will go unnoticed. Assuming your birthplace you wrote down is recognizable as a US location, I'm sure they'll figure it out easily enough. For example if you put Alexandria VA, no worries, if you put "Cambridge" they might not know whether its Cambridge MA or Cambridge England. In the latter case I'd send a note to the adcom to clear up any potential confusion. Either way it won't affect your admissions prospects imho.
HLS 2010

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »
I would strongly recommend that you send a small addendum to correct the error.  This will also show the school that you are a thorough individual!  Best of luck!