Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AAMPLE PROGRAM at NOVA  (Read 14182 times)

dmb61787

• View Profile
AAMPLE PROGRAM at NOVA
« on: February 05, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
Hi Guys, I'm new to the site and I haven't seen a topic discussion about the AAMPLE program.

I was just given the opportunity to take part in the program and I was wondering if anyone is going to be doing it this summer or if anyone has participated in it in the past. If you've done this program, do you have any advice or suggestions?? And if you're going to be part of it this summer will you be taking it online or in the class??

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: AAMPLE PROGRAM at NOVA
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:12:55 PM »
advice?  shower curtain go on inside.

Michelalexis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »
Hi,

I'm also taking part in AAMPLE this summer (on-campus). Nervous?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »
not at all.  julie known about shower curtain thing some time now.

lawstudent86

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:19:42 AM »
Hey, I am urging you NOT to do the program.  I did it this past summer and worked very hard through it and just missed the passing mark (getting right under the required gpa).  I have spoken with many people who also did the online and even the on campus program and found the same thing.  They claim there is no cap on the number of people admitted but it simply is NOT true.  Statistically how can everyone get so close and not pass it?  I suggest going to any other school if you have the chance and if not, reapply.  The advice was posted just like the message I am giving you and I sadly did not follow it.  I figured it was someone who was angry and possibly did not work hard.  I totally agree with their assessment and am most upset over the money wasted on the program.  I currently am a law student at a different law school and am doing well.  This program is simply a way for NOVA to make money off of students with less than superior lsat scores and it is a shame.

Michelalexis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 03:54:29 PM »
Before you took your exam and got your grades, how did  you feel about your progress or the difficulty of the classes?  I'm just asking because I have an undergrad in Legal Studies so I'm figuring I might not find it as difficult as most because of my familiarity with the subjects. Were the classes that difficult that my analysis is totally wrong?

Michelalexis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »
What is the "shower curtain thing" ?

LULAW1982

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 02:29:32 AM »
I WOULD NOT participate in this program.  If the school wanted you as a student, they would have offered you a seat.  They didn't.  The program is just another way for them to take your money.  In essence, if you participate in the program, you are "applying" to apply. 

DON'T DO IT. 

lawstudent86

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 10:22:04 PM »
To be honest I felt very confident and studied the material in depth.  I went to every online class and made outlines for the courses.  Law school is a different approach than undergrad.  I am not saying that being exposed to parts of the subject matter prior does not help, but the way the material is presented is much harder. 

As I stated in my prior posting I currently am a law student and can tell you that the classes they teach on AAMPLE are classes law students take in their THIRD year.  You have not been exposed to first year courses so the fact that they use third year classes to "see if you can handle it" is ludicrous.  I am just hoping by this posting to save people in the future from wasted time and money in the program.  Good luck though with whatever you decide.

Before you took your exam and got your grades, how did  you feel about your progress or the difficulty of the classes?  I'm just asking because I have an undergrad in Legal Studies so I'm figuring I might not find it as difficult as most because of my familiarity with the subjects. Were the classes that difficult that my analysis is totally wrong?

serendipity212

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
I am also taking part in the on-campus program. I have heard mixed things about this program. I have spoken with someone who successfully completed it and then as we see in the above posting, there are those who think it's a sham. This skepticism is not making feel good about sending in my seat deposit, although its too late now. I want to believe that with hard work this program is achievable.