Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm new to the board  (Read 969 times)

caliborn

• View Profile
I'm new to the board
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »
I'm new to LSD and this board and wanted to introduce myself. I am current black undergraduate student and mother of two who is interested in enrolling in law school for Fall 2011. I would appreciate any advice from other mother's planning or attending law school.
Lizzie: You keep talkin' to yourself, people will think you're crazy.
Lightning McQueen: [sarcastically] Thanks for the tip!
Lizzie: Uh - what? I wasn't talking to you

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I'm new to the board
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 10:44:53 PM »
I'm new to LSD and this board and wanted to introduce myself. I am current black undergraduate student and mother of two who is interested in enrolling in law school for Fall 2011. I would appreciate any advice from other mother's planning or attending law school.

Don't mean to welcome you to this board with an attack, but what about fathers?
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

caliborn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »
Father's can be included but in my experience mother's carry the biggest load in day-to-day parenting "stuff" so I feel they'd have a bigger burden while attending school.
Lizzie: You keep talkin' to yourself, people will think you're crazy.
Lightning McQueen: [sarcastically] Thanks for the tip!
Lizzie: Uh - what? I wasn't talking to you

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »
Since you are willing to take advice from fathers, I may be able to give a little advice. I am in the middle of applying right now, so I can't give any advice about what it is like parenting while in law school. However, the one thing I would tell you is to start studying for the LSAT early. I took a prep course, and figured that would be fine since I would be out of the house, but there is a lot of additional work that needs to be done outside of the class to get the most out of it. I hadn't planned any additional time for studying and was unable to concentrate on the material with my daughter (now 19 months) running around the house. So, to sum up my advice...start studying for the LSAT early and plan for study time at home without the kids.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred