Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm new to the board  (Read 974 times)

caliborn

• View Profile
I'm new to the board
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »
Hello Hello. I wanted to introduce myself to the board. I am a black female and current non-traditional student at a DC private university. I hope to meet several black current college students and other prospective black students that can help me through the application process. I plan on applying for Fall 2011 admission cycle.
Lizzie: You keep talkin' to yourself, people will think you're crazy.
Lightning McQueen: [sarcastically] Thanks for the tip!
Lizzie: Uh - what? I wasn't talking to you

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: I'm new to the board
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »
I wanted to add that I'm interested in finding a mentor that attends or attended a T14 school. Any suggestions on how to go about doing that would be greatly appreciated.

You're in DC...there are hundreds.  Are you involved in many organizations?

Kohinoor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »
I wanted to add that I'm interested in finding a mentor that attends or attended a T14 school. Any suggestions on how to go about doing that would be greatly appreciated.

Begin studying for the LSAT now. Nothing you can do between now and your application cycle can improve your chances more than beasting the LSAT.

caliborn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »
I've already taken the LSAT scored a measily 151 (w/ two weeks of study time :-[). I plan on taking a blueprint course this time and take the LSAT in September.
Lizzie: You keep talkin' to yourself, people will think you're crazy.
Lightning McQueen: [sarcastically] Thanks for the tip!
Lizzie: Uh - what? I wasn't talking to you

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:13:27 PM »
Welcome to the board. You've come to the right place.  Plenty of solid law students and law school survivors with good advice here.  Good luck.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston