Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NOT FLORIDA COASTAL SCHOOL OF LAW!  (Read 18939 times)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: NOT FLORIDA COASTAL SCHOOL OF LAW!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 07:28:01 AM »
Most of the staff, deans, and administrators from the owners down have families and children.  With this in mind it is only the laws of the universe beyond the useless laws they teach at Florida Coastal that will come back in bad negative energy/karma to their children.  Basically, the way they take poor kids money from the students, the same scam will be imposed upon their kids! It's not religion nor science it's the law of attraction, and they are attracting this negative energy upon them and their children!

when was this law promulgated?  i would like to see the legislative history.....
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

socrates212

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
This school is absolute and total crap. DO NOT GO THERE. The professors and administrators are generally either liars, simply don't give a damn about anything but getting a paycheck or are unqualified. One of the professors sexually harassed a friend of mine and after she complained, the professor, a very well known and influential prof at the school, found a way to get her in major trouble, simply as retribution. Moreover, the "administrators" went out of their way to cover it up. "Deans" Reich and Dubose shouldn't be trusted to run a hot dog stand, they will flat out lie to your face.

Admittedly, there are a couple good professors, but overall, it's a for profit scam. Oh, and it is run by a hedge fund.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 09:32:03 PM »
All schools are really for-profit.  Harvard, will kick you out if you don't pay their tuition as well my  "non-profit" school . It should not shock you to realize that all Medical Schools, Law Schools, Universities, etc are trying to make money and that is really the main reason they are there unless they are a State School like FIU or something, because then they have government backing.  I am pretty sure professors at most schools are concerned with a paycheck. I imagine if you tell professors at Harvard, Yale, Stanford your not going to pay them they are probably not going to show up out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't think anyone will argue Florida Coastal is  the same as Harvard, but they have to abide by ABA standards. The fact that they are for-profit instead of non-profit does not really mean much. A "non-profit" school is just as concerned with getting money as Florida Coastal is.

If your friend actually was sexually harassed and attacked for reporting that is REALLY BAD and she should file a lawsuit and complain to the ABA.

Squirrelballs

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
Calling FCSL a "for profit" law school ALWAYS makes me laugh--THEY'RE ALL FOR-PROFIT SCHOOLS!! No law school is letting anyone in for free....every one of them charges more than they should. And yet, thousands of naive students keep enrolling every semester to the nearly 300+ law schools throughout this bankrupt nation of ours. By all means, go to law school, rake up a $100,000 debt and make $45,000 a year when you get out....IF you can even get a job as a lawyer nowadays.  :o