Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Questions to ask at ASD or during a tour  (Read 576 times)

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Questions to ask at ASD or during a tour
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:08:31 PM »
If this question has been asked I'm sorry, the search function isn't working for some reason.

I was wondering what some good questions to ask current students or admissions people on ASD are, stuff that you (current students) wished you'd asked before attending.

I'm thinking, what it takes to make law review and secondary journals, what percentage one has to be in for OCI etc. I imagine there's ton a good stuff to ask. Thoughts?

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Questions to ask at ASD or during a tour
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »
i think the best thing to do is to ask more personal questions about the student's experience. i always try to give some background information about where i went to undergrad, where i'm going post-graduation, my current housing, etc. i've led tours and been asked about the transition from CA to chicago, how many hours a day i study, how OCI went for me in particular. stuff like that forces tour guides to stop spouting admissions stats and give you a more personal look at the school. i've found most student tour leaders to be honest about their job prospects and how much they study (whether it's barely at all or 5 hours a day).

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Questions to ask at ASD or during a tour
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »
TY Clairel