Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: where are we in the yls admissions process?  (Read 578 times)

reasontobelieve

• View Profile
where are we in the yls admissions process?
« on: February 03, 2009, 09:13:36 AM »
50 admitted people in the facebook group (and probably more admits out there, meaning we can reasonably assume they've filled close to 1/3 of the class), but no one admitted on lsn since mid-decemeber: what is going on here?

Dreamy Boss Man

• View Profile
Re: where are we in the yls admissions process?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 12:27:25 PM »
*sigh* I'm troubled by your (inclusively to all Yale applicants) lack of patience.  Have you scanned the percentage of applications which Yale accepts?  A very paltry number, in deed.  One must also consider how this miniscule number is also out of the most competitive group of applications in Americna - nay, the world. 

Judging by the probability of admission, I would not go to bed every night wondering if you were accepted.  Have fun, enjoy some lesser school like Michigan. 

If you are still hot to trot about Yale, well, I understand.  However, if you are a lady, I would be willing to console you while we awkwardly flirt.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
50 admitted people in the facebook group (and probably more admits out there, meaning we can reasonably assume they've filled close to 1/3 of the class), but no one admitted on lsn since mid-decemeber: what is going on here?

Maybe they are cross referencing LSN to applications and not admitting neurotic applicants?  Maybe Yale tech support is tracking your ISP address with this post, geo locating through triangulation your GPS coordinates and then cross referencing your street address, then marking you off the list. Thatís the most logical reason no one on LSN has be admitted, I mean think about it, whatís the only things all these application have in common with each other? LSN and neurotic behavior.

Likewise since the same applicants who post on LSN likely post on law related applicant message boards it would be easy, and efficient for the school to screen applicants this way rather than relying on your paper application, which was no doubt heavily edited, to look for mental defects and thus screen out competent on paper, but completely insane in the membrane prospective students. The facebook page is simply a clever ruse to excite impressionable applicants into a frenzy, getting them to post more incriminating data that a super computer can then mine to develop your personal psychological profile.

Its completely plausible  that Yale school of Psychology helped them develop a psychological profile of the best and worst applicants metal make up, then a super computer scans their LSN profile, cross checks any posts on LSN, TLS, Xoxo, looks for key words that show people are unstable then matches similar ISP addresses then spits out a list of nut job applicants the school should avoid like the plague. Itís really quite simple if you think about it and makes intuitive sense, hence why no applicant has thought of yet, because all your brains are fried. Oh, and go check your mailbox again and your voice mail, someone from Yale might have called while you were reading this.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 01:46:24 PM »
"Oh, and go check your mailbox again and your voice mail, someone from Yale might have called while you were reading this."

dont you dare ddub this classic!
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD