Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 1149 times)

Lawsome

• View Profile
Deleted
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:26:29 AM »
 :P

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What chances do I have ths late in cycle?? 158 / 3.47 Hispanic...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »
I would say you have a solid chance if 1) You finish all of your applications and make sure they are in the hands of the admissions committee before mid-February (call them up, e-mail them, visit them, do whatever you must to make sure they received everything before the deadline) 2) apply to schools that are realistically within your range plus a couple reach and a couple safety schools.

Applying later is definitely a disadvantage. I tend to think that people who apply last minute and scramble to put everything together generally submit a poor quality application (because they rushed) and aren't really as committed to attending law school as they should be. Attending law school is a lot different than college. Law school is a 24/7 job in many respects, and it's breaks you down and changes you forever during your first year. It's also a long-term career and lifestyle choice. Once you come into law school you can't really change your mind and quit because you would have accumulated massive debt and probably re-located, too. This is all just food for thought. If you have additional questions, message me.
To whom much is given, much is expected.