Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vandy waitlist - should I supply additional information?  (Read 1264 times)

162/3.8

• View Profile
    • Email
Vandy waitlist - should I supply additional information?
« on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
So I received my "you are on our waitlist" letter from Vanderbilt a few days ago, and in it they invite me to submit any new or updated information.  Since submitting my application to them, my husband and I have started a home-based business.  It's been pretty successful so far, but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should let them know about this or not.  The business, in short, involves selling some very technical modules that I really don't fully understand, and basically I am simply the shipping/bookkeeping department.  I'm also in charge of doing the taxes for the business, which I must say has been interesting.  I am finding it difficult to twist this to relate to law school, and I'm wondering if I should write them a letter telling them about it since I can't really relate it to going to law school.  On the other hand, I could just send them my yes I'm still interested letter by itself.  Any thoughts?

casper2009

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vandy waitlist - should I supply additional information?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »
I'm new to this whole Discussion Board thing but I found myself in your same position at my #1 school so I hope it helps...  The only "news" I had to share with them was that I'd studied abroad.  It seems trivial but it may add a unique element to my application in their eyes.  Anyways, just think about how your experience has changed your perspective and how this new perspective would contribute to their community...  I hope that helped even in the slightest, best of luck!