Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stetson University, Florida International, Barry University.  (Read 4636 times)

tee

• View Profile
Stetson University, Florida International, Barry University.
« on: February 02, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »
I am applying to several law schools for the upcoming Fall '09 Semester. The problem is that I have a decent GPA but a low LSAT score. Currently I am living in Alabama and would like to relocate to Florida to study law, practice, etc.... I would like to know if Stetson University, Florida International University, and Barry University are good law schools.

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: Stetson University, Florida International, Barry University.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »
Don't waste your time with Barry. Stetson is good if you want to practice in Tampa. Don't know much about FIU, but there is already a lot of competition in the South Florida legal market with at least 3 other law schools, plus the competition of UF and FSU law.
Vanderbilt 2010

jollyrog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:20:03 PM »
I am applying to several law schools for the upcoming Fall '09 Semester. The problem is that I have a decent GPA but a low LSAT score. Currently I am living in Alabama and would like to relocate to Florida to study law, practice, etc.... I would like to know if Stetson University, Florida International University, and Barry University are good law schools.

Don't know if you're still around, Tee, but I'm in Central FL myself, and the only one I'm remotely considering is Stetson. If you don't mind north FL, you're much better off with UF or FSU unless you need a PT program (which, in all likelihood, I will as well). Good luck to you. Let us know how things shake out.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
Don't waste your time with Barry. Stetson is good if you want to practice in Tampa. Don't know much about FIU, but there is already a lot of competition in the South Florida legal market with at least 3 other law schools, plus the competition of UF and FSU law.

Agreed.