Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Applicants –Accepted Applicants – Think HARD before going to Law School  (Read 2151 times)

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I completely agree with this post! There are schools out there that are just accredited lawyer factories, if you will. You can pay $150,000 over the course of 3 years and have a law degree in the end...doesn't mean you'll pass the bar though! As a former student at florida coastal school of law, I saw the ugly side of privately-owned, for-profit law schools. They ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY! While I knew that going into it, I could have never imagined how horrible it would be once I got in there. I regret everyday not re-taking the LSATs and applying to other schools.
I wish I could start a blog warning people about this?

Perhaps the problem isn't the school, the problem is you.  The school gave you a chance, and you paid to take it.  You wanted the school to reject you, and for the school to tell you that you weren't cut out for it.

Sorry, life doesn't work that way.  Welcome to the grown up world where we don't have our parents telling us what we can and cannot do. 

If you can't figure out how to start a blog, and if you don't know the difference between a sentence and a question, then stop blaming the law school for your own problems.

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
Quite frankly, some students go into law because they want to go into law, not because they want to make millions as a "biglaw" attorney.  Personally, I find the idea of working in a legal sweatshop to be a horrible one, and am willing to accept a fairly average salary starting out.  If students took this approach and were no longer so focused on getting these giant firm jobs, then it is probable that most of the issues that you describe would not be a problem.  Yes, there are few biglaw jobs out there.  There are jobs, however.  They just aren't paying 100k+ starting out.
Mercer University School of Law '12