Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarship Negotiation?  (Read 23349 times)

bnoble318

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Scholarship Negotiation?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 04:27:41 PM »
Has anyone tried this with GPA requirements? I'm really happy with the money, and do not have any real offers to try to leverage my top choices, but the GPA requirements to very...any thoughts? Thanks!
3.24/165

IN: Tennessee , Drexel, UGA, Mercer, Alabama South Carolina, Tulane, DePaul...scholarships at all, but dont feel like listing them...

WAITING:  W&L, GA State, W&M, Temple

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »
Has anyone tried this with GPA requirements? I'm really happy with the money, and do not have any real offers to try to leverage my top choices, but the GPA requirements to very...any thoughts? Thanks!

I tried this with one school, but they did not budge. 

Honestly, though, it didn't surprise me.  It was a very stringent requirement, and they seemed to be doing it with many applicants so most people would lose them. 

normn3116

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 07:19:05 PM »
How long after not hearing anything should I follow up, and should I do that by calling or another email?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »
How long after not hearing anything should I follow up, and should I do that by calling or another email?

First, I wouldn't call, but that's obviously just my opinion. They are busy enough at this time of year, and it also allows them to sit and think about your request.

Second, I'd wait at least 2 weeks, because they're in their busy period. 

SamE397

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »

First, I wouldn't call, but that's obviously just my opinion. They are busy enough at this time of year, and it also allows them to sit and think about your request.

Second, I'd wait at least 2 weeks, because they're in their busy period. 
Maybe I'm just crazy but I think if you don't here back right away it's a good sign they're taking your request seriously; either that or email back up  ;)

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 08:35:46 PM »
Maybe I'm just crazy but I think if you don't here back right away it's a good sign they're taking your request seriously; either that or email back up  ;)

That's a fairly big assumption to make that they're taking your request seriously just because they haven't responded!  It could just be bureaucratic ineptitude.   :D

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 09:33:25 PM »
One week is probably fine; the important thing is just to give them some time to consider.

normn3116

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 10:56:32 PM »
Hey, thanks everybody.  Every little bit helps

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
You're welcome.  Good luck!

SamE397

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 10:08:06 AM »

That's a fairly big assumption to make that they're taking your request seriously just because they haven't responded!  It could just be bureaucratic ineptitude.   :D
The point is that if they see your request and think no way in hell there's a good chance you'd get an email back pretty quickly saying as much. Whereas if they send your request to committee for review that process will take awhile longer.

I'm just making speculation though; there are of course several other reasons why it could take a long time to get feedback.