Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fall 09 cycle  (Read 7282 times)

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Fall 09 cycle
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:31:58 PM »
I've been accepted for the fall 09 class.  I have until April 15 to send in first deposit.

Anyone else get accepted? 

Anyone know what their curve is?

gatorgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fall 09 cycle
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:19:06 AM »
DON'T DO IT! Florida coastal is an awful 4th tier law school....they offer EVERYONE scholarships and everyone loses them after their 1st year! It's a privately owned corporation-a FOR PROFIT law school. This means that all they care about is money and bar passage rates. THAT'S IT! Once again, awful school. You'll never get a job graduating from somewhere like this unless you are #1 in your class! good luck

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
DON'T DO IT! Florida coastal is an awful 4th tier law school....they offer EVERYONE scholarships and everyone loses them after their 1st year! It's a privately owned corporation-a FOR PROFIT law school. This means that all they care about is money and bar passage rates. THAT'S IT! Once again, awful school. You'll never get a job graduating from somewhere like this unless you are #1 in your class! good luck
-Epic Fail plz stfu and stay out of my thread unless you are going to offer something substantial.

SweetAsCandy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 02:52:47 PM »
Hey, congrats!  :)
I applied but have yet to receive anything in the mail.  Could you be so kind, and please tell me how their acceptance notification looks?  Is it a big white envelope, an e-mail, a phone call, or a tiny envelope with no indication whatsoever that you'll find a "Congrats! You've been accepted!" on the inside??? 
Well behaved women rarely make history.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:08:19 AM »
-Epic Fail plz stfu and stay out of my thread unless you are going to offer something substantial.

While the poster was rather harsh, it really is true.  Nobody in the legal community is going to respect a JD from that school.  Do you ever hear of AUSA's, Biglaw lawyers, or High Profile public interest attorneys with JD's from Florida Coastal? 

The economy sucks and you are going to dump your money down the drain going to a TTT.  It's the harsh reality of law school.  Though you won't listen.  Instead, you will go, then wonder why you went in 2 years.

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »
While the poster was rather harsh, it really is true.  Nobody in the legal community is going to respect a JD from that school.  Do you ever hear of AUSA's, Biglaw lawyers, or High Profile public interest attorneys with JD's from Florida Coastal? 

The economy sucks and you are going to dump your money down the drain going to a TTT.  It's the harsh reality of law school.  Though you won't listen.  Instead, you will go, then wonder why you went in 2 years.
Amazing, just amazing.

haulin_oats

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »
I'm with them and I have nothing personal against Florida Coastal or you. Don't pour money into a bad law degree given the current state of the economy. YOU ARE THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »
Why is it amazing?  What's amazing is how many people come on here looking for smoke blown up their arses rather than the truth.  Florida Coastal wouldn't get you anywhere in life in a good economy, let alone this one.  

These are facts.  

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
Why is it amazing?  What's amazing is how many people come on here looking for smoke blown up their arses rather than the truth.  Florida Coastal wouldn't get you anywhere in life in a good economy, let alone this one.  

These are facts.  

What's amazing is that you know everything and no one has hired you as a CEO!  Truly your talents are languishing, wasted even.  Where were you before I had my AA degree?  You could have warned me before I started my company, before I made the mistake of buying 81 apartment units, before I screwed up and started making six figures.  If you had been there to stop me, you could have shown me the pitfalls of selling everything for twice what I paid and buying my house for cash.

But I guess I should be thankful that you are here now to help me, to show me the error of my ways.  I hear you now brother.  If you say there is no way I can be a success with a J.D. from a T3-T4, then I would be an idiot not to listen.  Given the mistakes I've made in the past, I think we both know I'm leaning heavy towards stupid.  So you have my thanks good sir.  I feel like I've dodged a bullet here!!

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 09:33:09 AM »
Why is it amazing?  What's amazing is how many people come on here looking for smoke blown up their arses rather than the truth.  Florida Coastal wouldn't get you anywhere in life in a good economy, let alone this one. 

These are facts. 
If you say there is no way I can be a success with a J.D. from a T3-T4, then I would be an idiot not to listen.

That's not what they said (or at least not what they meant).  They also didn't say that you were stupid.  They DID try to point out that job prospects out of Florida Coastal are dismal, that the school is not focused on its students, and that the attrition rates are astronomical.

Nobody on this board is out to get you.  We'd have no reason for warning you against particular schools unless we actually believed that you stand a serious chance of being harmed by attending said schools.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."