School Specific Boards > Florida Coastal

Fall 09 cycle

(1/3) > >>

EdinTally:
I've been accepted for the fall 09 class.  I have until April 15 to send in first deposit.

Anyone else get accepted? 

Anyone know what their curve is?

gatorgirl:
DON'T DO IT! Florida coastal is an awful 4th tier law school....they offer EVERYONE scholarships and everyone loses them after their 1st year! It's a privately owned corporation-a FOR PROFIT law school. This means that all they care about is money and bar passage rates. THAT'S IT! Once again, awful school. You'll never get a job graduating from somewhere like this unless you are #1 in your class! good luck

EdinTally:

--- Quote from: gatorgirl on February 04, 2009, 10:19:06 AM ---DON'T DO IT! Florida coastal is an awful 4th tier law school....they offer EVERYONE scholarships and everyone loses them after their 1st year! It's a privately owned corporation-a FOR PROFIT law school. This means that all they care about is money and bar passage rates. THAT'S IT! Once again, awful school. You'll never get a job graduating from somewhere like this unless you are #1 in your class! good luck

--- End quote ---
-Epic Fail plz stfu and stay out of my thread unless you are going to offer something substantial.

SweetAsCandy:
Hey, congrats!  :)
I applied but have yet to receive anything in the mail.  Could you be so kind, and please tell me how their acceptance notification looks?  Is it a big white envelope, an e-mail, a phone call, or a tiny envelope with no indication whatsoever that you'll find a "Congrats! You've been accepted!" on the inside??? 

TheDudeMan:

--- Quote from: EdinTally on February 04, 2009, 06:43:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: gatorgirl on February 04, 2009, 10:19:06 AM ---DON'T DO IT! Florida coastal is an awful 4th tier law school....they offer EVERYONE scholarships and everyone loses them after their 1st year! It's a privately owned corporation-a FOR PROFIT law school. This means that all they care about is money and bar passage rates. THAT'S IT! Once again, awful school. You'll never get a job graduating from somewhere like this unless you are #1 in your class! good luck

--- End quote ---
-Epic Fail plz stfu and stay out of my thread unless you are going to offer something substantial.

--- End quote ---

While the poster was rather harsh, it really is true.  Nobody in the legal community is going to respect a JD from that school.  Do you ever hear of AUSA's, Biglaw lawyers, or High Profile public interest attorneys with JD's from Florida Coastal? 

The economy sucks and you are going to dump your money down the drain going to a TTT.  It's the harsh reality of law school.  Though you won't listen.  Instead, you will go, then wonder why you went in 2 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version