Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BarBri for multistate prep?  (Read 3558 times)

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
BarBri for multistate prep?
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »
BarBri seems to be offering a product very comparable to the PMBR workshops, which is included in the cost of the whole program. Has anyoe done this before, instead of PMBR? Or is it still better to do both? In my state, I will not be allowed to multistate out as of this year (sucks to be me). If BarBri is reasonably good, I'd love to cancel PMBR. Even if I forfeit my deposit, I save money and time.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BarBri for multistate prep?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:33:51 PM »
I think the BarBri Multistate Advantage is a new product (that is offered free for those signed up for BarBri Bar Review courses.

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
Barbri is probably sufficient for your MBE study.  If you want some exposure to PMBR questions just buy the old books online.  This is what I did and I passed in July.  The PMBR class is a waste of time and money.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:57:57 AM »
The PMBR class is a waste of time and money.

+1

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
Thanks for the insight, everyone. I think I'll cancel PMBR.   :)

almostfinishedjd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »
I have heard the 3-Day is prettty good and should do it.  Everyone who I know this past summer took PMBR and passed.  I am nervous about this "new" class from Barbri.  If I score high enough on the MBE, my essays really do not matter so I think it might be worth the money?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:44:12 PM »
Barbri is probably sufficient for your MBE study.  If you want some exposure to PMBR questions just buy the old books online.  This is what I did and I passed in July.  The PMBR class is a waste of time and money.

Absolutely agree.  I bought PMBR books on ebay, and never even ended up using them.  I somehow got a ridiculously high score on the multistate, so BarBri worked just fine for.

As a side note, I still have the PMBR books if you'd be interested in buying them.  I really need to get them off my shelf.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 03:14:22 AM »

Absolutely agree.  I bought PMBR books on ebay, and never even ended up using them.  I somehow got a ridiculously high score on the multistate, so BarBri worked just fine for.

As a side note, I still have the PMBR books if you'd be interested in buying them.  I really need to get them off my shelf.

TITCR.  Although I took the week-long PMBR course, I found it overkill at best and completely worthless at worst.  I never used the books that they gave us.  I just used BarBri and I too got a ridiculously high score:  at least, I *thought* it was ridiculously high...