Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Concentrating/Staying Calm  (Read 513 times)

lsatbeard

• View Profile
Concentrating/Staying Calm
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »
Greetings,

I tried taking the LSAT last October, and I didn't get the results I wanted (I ended up canceling the score the following week). I will be forthright and say that I haven't mastered the material or sufficiently prepared for the score that I need (hiiiigh). I am currently working to master the content, and next, I will move to taking timed practice tests.

What's bothering me is the uneasiness and panic I felt during the test. It compounded my "content problem" by making it difficult (impossible at times) to concentrate on the problems. I got to a point where I just lost it and bubbled "C" for the last 3/4 of a section, using all my strength just to hold my composture.

Have any of you successfully addressed similar issues? If so, how? If you are not comfortable "publishing" your story on this forum, please PM me or something.

By the way: I am sure that a good deal of this can be attributed to my lacking content studies, and limited timed practice (maybe even most of it). I am also aware of the fact that the LSAT authors intentionally try to screw with people. I have also wasted $40 on a test-taking mastery hypnosis CD, which I had used a couple of weeks before my unfortunate encounter with the LSAT.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Concentrating/Staying Calm
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »