Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: firstlawjob.com a godsend or a gimmick  (Read 32587 times)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: firstlawjob.com a godsend or a gimmick
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »
I don't buy that.  YLS students are never going to struggle to find work.  It's self-selection.  My guess is most YLS feel they are entitled to top vault firms and that's it.  Most probably don't even look at those outside the Vault 100.

If a YLS student contacted a mid-size, market paying firm, they'd jump all over them.  At the end of the day, law firms view lawyers as marketing tools.  YLS' JD carries a strong marketing pitch with it. 

Your explanation sounds plausible and since I am not looking over people's shoulders to see what firms they are applying to, you could be right. The person I'm closest to in this situation, however, is looking in a specific market and is having difficulty finding a job.

But to qualm my own insecurities, do you think if a YLS student got an offer revoked because of the economy, he/she would have much trouble finding a firm job in a secondary market (South Carolina, NC, Georgia, etc)?

Since when is South Carolina a secondary market?  I thought Dallas, St. Louis, Houston, etc. are secondary market.  I don't know of any market in South Carolina that's comparable to the cities I have mentioned. 

plumsmugler

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
So I go to a pretty good law school and my OCS posted this site on their Symplicity listings.  It's clearly a scam.  I also love how their pay structure totally incentivizes them to never find you a job.  Has anybody else had their OCS refer them to this bogus service?  It almost seems like our bad OCS is trying to schlep their responsibilities onto a third party service provider as well.

Colleen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 01:30:08 PM »
DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO FIRSTLAWJOB.COM - IT IS A SCAM.  They take your money, then don't return emails, nor do they have a phone number listed.  DON'T BE A SUCKER LIKE ME.

fsu2010

• View Profile
Re: firstlawjob.com
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2010, 12:30:33 AM »
I am a current client of firstlawjob.com and have been extremely happy with the results so far.  I am so boggled down with class work however my counselor has been in contact with me weekly and I have gone on 4 interviews in the last 3 weeks.  I canít wait for the studying to end!!  :)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: firstlawjob.com
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »
I am a current client of firstlawjob.com and have been extremely happy with the results so far.  I am so boggled down with class work however my counselor has been in contact with me weekly and I have gone on 4 interviews in the last 3 weeks.  I canít wait for the studying to end!!  :)

What's your class rank?

What kind of firm?  Any offers?

txjd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 11:43:21 AM »
I have been working with them for 2 months and overall I am quite impressed with the response I have been getting.  I am in my last semester at SMU law and have a few offers from firms in DFW.  Good luck to all!! 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »
Anyone else find it hilarious that the Trolls that have offers from working with this company all only have one post on the forum lol?

StonewallJacksonFan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »
I do! I do! Colleen, who is against the website also has one post though...