Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOWEST LSAT SCORE ACCEPTED  (Read 14922 times)

Y2KELZ

• View Profile
LOWEST LSAT SCORE ACCEPTED
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »
What's the lowest LSAT score you know of received and accepted into law school?

misbuble

• View Profile
Re: LOWEST LSAT SCORE ACCEPTED
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
The question you should ask is not what is the lowest LSAT score accepted. You should ask, what's the lowest lsat that's been accepted at a Tier 1 (Tier 2 possibly) law school. I don't know that you're going to recieve any serious responses to this post (why are you writing in all caps?) Go buy the Powerscore books, take at least 25 prep tests, if not more, the more recent the better. I know you didn't ask for studying tips, but judging from the posited query, I'd venture to say you could use a couple. Good luck in your studies.

Oh yeah, when you take those prep tests, each question that you get right and wrong, know the reasons behind everything.

Y2KELZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:17:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply but the question I asked, was they question I wanted an answer to. I didn't condition it the question with tier 1 or 2; maybe I should have clarified an ABA school though. I've already taken the test and I have a decent score. I wanted to know if anyone knows "a friend of a friend" or a cousin or neighbor down the street with an unusally low score that was accepted to law school.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »
I've heard of high 140's getting in at some schools when there were 'other compelling factors'.
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

LSAT All Star

• Sr. Citizen
  • Keeping it simple
    • View Profile
    • All Star Test Prep
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 03:03:23 AM »
And, getting into law school isn't the only (or real) issue.  You probably do not want to go to law school for esoteric reasons.  You'd probably like to have a realistic chance to pass the bar exam.  Anybody who cannot pull an LSAT score at least in the high 140s is going to have a hard time learning the law.  (It is not just about memorizing laws.  It is about how to use them.  That involves an understanding of basic verbal logic). 
Visit us at allstartestprep.com

misbuble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 08:21:45 AM »
Just tell your friend not to waste his/her money going to the lowest ABA accredited school. Don't go to law school if you can't handle the LSAT, sure.
More importantly, don't go to any school that isn't going to guarantee you some sort a job as a consequence of attendance.

It should be T-14 or bust. Certainly Tier 1 or bust if that's a bit extreme for you and your friend. Don't hate me for being blunt, this my candid opinion.

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
If LSN is to be believed, people have gotten into Cooley with as low as a 137.

fusername

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »
You tier 1 or bust guys are full of it.  You go to law school to gain connections and of course learn.  What counts is what you do when you come out of it.  Clearly if you want to work in Big Law (which many people equate to success) you have less of a chance if you don't go to a t14 school, for example. 
However, you're basically saying don't pursue a career in law unless you get accepted to tier 1 because you won't be successful.  Let me put that in LSAT terms for you:   not tier 1 ---> unsuccessful    contrapositive:  successful --> tier 1.  Find the flaw in that statement:  (C) Its not necessary for you to go to a t14 school to be successful practicing law. 

misbuble

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »
If only employment was predicated on LSAT logic instead of the economy... You shouldn't get upset, you obvoiusly did extremely well on the LSAT to be schooling me, you must be sitting somewhere in the T14 fuse.

fusername

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 06:04:23 PM »
The economy - ha.

I double shorted the market when the dow was at 13,900.

SIKE!