Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tranfer from T50 to GULC?  (Read 638 times)

takumi

• View Profile
Tranfer from T50 to GULC?
« on: January 28, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
I was recently told that Georgetown accepts transfers from 1st semester 1L grades alone and it appears to be true (any other schools that do this?).  I guess I'm curious what my chances are of transferring as "early action."  I applied to GULC twice and was rejected twice but my heart lies in D.C. and am hoping I can get in nonetheless.  My first semester grades are as follows: CivPro A-, ConLaw A-, Contracts A-, Torts A-, and Legal Research/Writing A+.  My estimated gpa is a 3.75 (should find out tomorrow).  A few 2Ls say I'll probably be ranked in the top 10.  Any guesses on chances of getting into GULC?  I don't like Cincinnati and need to get out and only applied to my current school because they were the highest rank/cheapest law school I was accepted to.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what to talk about in a transfer personal statement?  Obviously you need to talk about why you want to transfer but should that be the focus of the statement or just an aspect.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tranfer from University of Cincinnati to GULC?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »
GULC almost always puts you on hold for second semester grades.  May want to throw a GW app. in there to try to seal the deal early and then hope your 2nd semester grades stay high enough for GULC.